• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Time on smoke for wild meat

Started by SmokinMomma30, October 19, 2013, 08:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinMomma30

I'm am not new to this smoking meat, I have been at it for the past 2 years. But I have a bit of a problem. Every time I smoke meat I always get people coming back to me saying it has to much smoke tastes.
I have my heat on at 120
normally have smoke on for 2 to 3 hours. then turn it off and let the heat do the rest.

I watch my meat so I don't over do it so its not chewy or over done.

Thanks

beefmann

welcome aboard,

if you are  using mesquite or hickory you  may want to back off on the  amount of smoke you are using,,, if your  using 2 hours  try an hour and half,  also be sure you  have your top  vent open for ventilation  also helps remove moisture from the cabinet which may be getting  back onto your  meat. if  still too strong try a  milder  wood such as  oak, maple, alder, ash, apple, cherry.. Hope this helps..

im sure others  will chime in as well

Saber 4

Quote from: beefmann on October 19, 2013, 10:39:00 AM
welcome aboard,

if you are  using mesquite or hickory you  may want to back off on the  amount of smoke you are using,,, if your  using 2 hours  try an hour and half,  also be sure you  have your top  vent open for ventilation  also helps remove moisture from the cabinet which may be getting  back onto your  meat. if  still too strong try a  milder  wood such as  oak, maple, alder, ash, apple, cherry.. Hope this helps..

im sure others  will chime in as well

X2, you might want to try apple or pecan we find them to be a much milder smoke than the mesquite or hickory we use on stronger meats.

ragweed

X3.  I find myself using apple more and more.  Top vent always wide open!!!

beefmann