How to get a Maverick ET-73 in Canada

Started by smokin stu, June 01, 2006, 08:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokin stu

Just got off the phone with Fred Pierce, the distributor for Maverick in Canada. He has solved all my issues and more around finding an ET-73 in Canada. My ET-73 is being delivered to my local Home Hardware next Friday.

If you are looking for the ET-73, go to your local Home Hardware and, if not on the shelf, order it (Home Hardware product number 6427182). Should be no problem for them ordering it as they now have stock in the warehouse and Fred tells me more is on the way.

Puts me in a good mood, I tell ya ;D 

tsquared

Stu you are a canuck smoking god! I had to get my bro in law to send one up from CA and it cost me more for the shipping and getting it across the line than it did for the unit itself.  >:(I've been holding my breath, praying it wouldn't crap out on me--thanks for the info!
T2

asa

I just discovered another option today at my local grill/accessories shop. It is a Polder dual sensor thermometer/timer. Has everything the Maverick has, except wireless transmission, for about half the price. And there is only one probe wire to deal with. The probe that goes in the meat appears to be about 12 cm long, and, then directly above, on the shaft of that probe, is the sensor that measures the smoker box air temp. So it measures the temp next to the piece of meat you are monitoring. The item number is 894-90. The Polder website description is at http://www.polderproducts.net/ProductDetail.asp?PID=150. Since I will want to check the smoker and compare the temp on this to the door thermometer and perhaps my other basic polder monitoring another piece on a different level, I went ahead and bought one to try. Will be using it tomorrow. Assume everything works fine unless you hear otherwise.
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: asa on June 02, 2006, 05:56:32 PM
I just discovered another option today at my local grill/accessories shop. It is a Polder dual sensor thermometer/timer. Has everything the Maverick has, except wireless transmission, for about half the price. And there is only one probe wire to deal with. The probe that goes in the meat appears to be about 12 cm long, and, then directly above, on the shaft of that probe, is the sensor that measures the smoker box air temp. So it measures the temp next to the piece of meat you are monitoring. The item number is 894-90. The Polder website description is at http://www.polderproducts.net/ProductDetail.asp?PID=150. Since I will want to check the smoker and compare the temp on this to the door thermometer and perhaps my other basic polder monitoring another piece on a different level, I went ahead and bought one to try. Will be using it tomorrow. Assume everything works fine unless you hear otherwise.
I was looking at that about 1 1/2 years ago. I went to Amazon.com to price it. It was getting very poor reviews from people who purchased it. The major complaint was probe failure. They may have fixed the problems they were having with the probe. I would check Amazon.com to see if there are any favorable reviews lately. I will be interested in your review in a few months from now.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

goalieboy

Hey Stu,

Didi exactly as you said. Called Home Hardware, dude had no idea what I was talking about. Gave him the product number ( thanks so much) and he found/ordered 'er up. I'll get it tomorrow. Was trying to getone of these for a while and Amazon etc. don't want to ship to Canada for that item for some reason.

Anywho, good going. Smokin' cannucks thank you...