• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

spicy stick question

Started by doz759, October 27, 2013, 04:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doz759

Smoker is at a cabinet temp of 170 for 3 hours now stix IT is at 141 is that normal they have been ramping up for 4 hours before that. Do you all think I should just give them more time? thanks

Saber 4

Be patient would be my thinking

doz759

Thanks Saber
Opened the vents up and now it has climbed 5 degree in about thirty minutes. maybe that's the answer.

Saber 4

Probably, always keep your vent open otherwise you trap moisture inside and take a chance of getting the dreaded black rain

Tenpoint5

Don't take the temp any higher than 170. Keep the vent wide open and be patient
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

doz759

The IT stalled out again at 148 and after an hour with no movement I raised to 175 and the IT came up to 153 in like fifteen minutes. Didn't fatout or anything but the casings are a little toughbut are not loose at all this time. Love the PID I put together with all the info on the forum. Wonder if it is from the long cook time. I never put any water in the smoker the whole time maybe that would help with the tough casings.

NePaSmoKer

Put water in the bowl after the 1st hour at 130* No water will dehydrate the casings.

doz759

Thanks NePaSmoker I'll give that a try. Would you keep the water in for the rest of the smoke?