• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

What do you think of the new Bradley Website?

Started by Bradley Marketing, November 06, 2013, 10:47:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

You have to navigate to the northamerican part before even a link shows up for it
http://www.north-america.bradleysmoker.com/recipes/

Saber 4

Quote from: KyNola on November 08, 2013, 07:01:13 AM
Here is Ted Reader.

http://www.tedreader.com/

Can someone direct me to the recipe section as I can't seem to locate it on the website.

Thanks for posting Larry, can anyone tell me why this guy would be on the website at all, I don't see any support for Bradley Smoker's on his website anywhere. I don't always agree with everything Brad Lockwood of Love of the Hunt TV says but at least he knows meat and smoking and always has a Bradley Smoker on his show and at his seminars. Just seems to make sense that if you're going to have a name on a recipe section it should be someone associated with your product.

When I did my review to marketing I assumed the north America site would be what we would see in north America and the global site would be for all other areas. I guess I assumed that the name servers would point you to the appropriate site based on where you are logged on to the internet from, after all I can't go to most news sites without getting ads targeted to my local area which is determined by where my log in is showing.

Sailor

Here is Ted Reader.

Can someone direct me to the recipe section as I can't seem to locate it on the website.
Larry......that was the point that I was trying to make.  You cannot navigate the site to find what you are looking for.  I never got to the recipe area when I was writing up my post because I got so frustrated in not being able to find information regarding the smokers.  The home page should have links that will take you to where you want to go.  Now who would have thought that a person had to click on "buy a Bradley" then have to go to North America then click USA to even know there is a recipe area?  Very poor design IMHO.  I just hope Bradley did not spend $960 million to design this web site like Obama spent to design a worthless web site.   ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Sailor

Quote from: Ka Honu on November 07, 2013, 02:37:25 PM
Well, my comments (many of which ran pretty much along the same lines as Sailor's) appear to have been largely (if not completely) ignored.  That, of course, is their privilege.  One area in which I was ignored, however, bears bringing to the attention of the forum members.  If you go to the Recipe section you will find that many of the recipes are direct copies of posts on the forum recipe site. That brings up a couple of issues:

- Bradley does not own the recipe site or the recipes thereon so I wonder if they have the right to use those recipes for commercial purposes, especially without attribution.

- The "Author Info" on the page of every recipe attributes the recipe to some guy (real or imaginary) named Ted Reader (including those with the true author's name on the recipe, e.g. Brisket Pachanga) and goes on to claim that the recipes are "his food smoking secrets." At best, that's misleading and rude.  In the hands of a competent attorney it's definitely a profit opportunity.

In addition, the entire Recipe section of the site is essentially sloppy and lazy work.  Two examples:

- Recipes from the forum site are copied verbatim but explanatory photos are not included.  For example, 10.5's classic rib tutorial is copied without the pictures, even though the largest font on the page clearly states that the page is a pictorial guide.

- There's no way to cut and paste (copy) any of the recipes.  I guess they expect you to carry your (connected) computer with you whenever you need to refer to the recipe you're preparing.  I guess I could use my tablet but am glad I don't have to drag my desktop back and forth between my prep area and smoker.

End of rant.

Thud that was the sound of my jaw dropping.  I just found the recipe site.  I am floored that you are so correct in that some of the recipes have been taken right off the forum recipe site and this Ted Reader gets credit for them.  NEPAS has a recipe that has his name on it and this Ted guy is taking credit for it?  Perhaps Rick gave Bradley permission to take his recipe and publish it and granted Ted permission to say it was his recipe.  That is pretty low if you ask me but Bradley is not asking me.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

KyNola

Quote from: devo on November 08, 2013, 07:21:08 AM
You have to navigate to the northamerican part before even a link shows up for it
http://www.north-america.bradleysmoker.com/recipes/
Thank you the direction Devo.

As for the recipes that are in the recipe section of the website, if those recipes were originally posted in the Bradley Forum and then were subsequently posted over at the susanminor website then Bradley most likely has a right to publish them as it becomes property of the Forum and Bradley owns the Forum.  Having said that, giving Ted Reader carte blanche credit is simply wrong.  The person who originated and posted a recipe should be given credit.  I am hopeful that the folks at Bradley will remove the Ted Reader tag soon.

Bradley Marketing

Ok.. I see a lot of people commenting on the recipe site:

Like I stated yesterday in my post; the recipe page is still under construction. In order for us to go through all the recipes it will take a while because there are A LOT of recipes on there. We are adjusting them as we speak. And no; Ted Reader is not the author of all the recipes, and we are correcting this. This was not high on our priority list as you this is a small fraction of the total website.

KyNola

Unless someone copyrighted their recipe, copyright infringement doesn't apply.

We all need to take a step back and take a breath.  The folks at Bradey have answered our questions.  We need to give them time to correct the issue and they will correct the issue.  Remember, they own the Forum "house".  We're allowed to live here for free.

TedEbear

Here is Ted Reader.

When I clicked on the link it took me to their main page, where one of the tabs at the top says "Recipes".  Clicking on that brings up a list of recipe topics.  To see the individual recipe details I clicked on whichever one I was interested in.

Bradley Marketing

Hi Everyone,

Since there were a lot of comments on the recipe page/author; we changed Ted Reader as an author in "Bradley and friends" . To make this a little bit easier on us; if you see your recipe on there and you want to have it say that you are the author of that recipe. Please create a login name for yourself and send an email to [email protected] stating:
1. Which is your recipe (be very clear about that)
2. Your user name on the north American website

This way we can modify it and show it's your recipe.

Thank you!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Bradley Marketing on November 08, 2013, 12:07:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

Since there were a lot of comments on the recipe page/author; we changed Ted Reader as an author in "Bradley and friends" . To make this a little bit easier on us; if you see your recipe on there and you want to have it say that you are the author of that recipe. Please create a login name for yourself and send an email to [email protected] stating:
1. Which is your recipe (be very clear about that)
2. Your user name on the north American website

This way we can modify it and show it's your recipe.

Thank you!

I can only speak for myself, I don't know what Old's position is on this. There are a lot more issues with the recipes pasted on the Bradley site then the lack of giving notice to the source and the original author. The recipes on the recipe site are for easy access for all, and in most cases where rewritten to make them clearer then they were when first posted on this forum. We even provide a way that you can download the recipes to your computer.

So if you need to copy the recipes from the Recipe Site, you need to do it correctly. The problem I have with the recipes being copied directly from the recipe site and not from their original posts on the forum is that a lot of the cut and paste is poorly done, links imbedded in the recipes to clarify instructions are broken, and there is at least one recipe that I am aware of, that the sections within a recipe were pasted in the wrong order.

As for the website, I'm sure that you considered and weighed all input.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

JohnM70

I did not realize this thread existed and started a new thread which hopefully will be directed here.

Very interesting, it is a good example of how not to design a web site. :o You can get seasick, or dizzy watching the smoker spin around or you can watch the sheep grazing. See if you can find the link to the forum in less than 15 or even 30 seconds. On Monday the marketing somebody responded to my e-mail and  said it would be fixed by the end of the week.  I would hate to be a new customer to Bradley and think this is the face of the company. 
I can understand wanting to redesign the site to add an international view! But to exclude the ease of navigation that was available on the old sight is a bit myopic. 

The site does indeed need some work... like test, test, test, review, test, test, review.... I think you all get the idea.

This site kind of reminds me of another site which is experiencing difficulty due to some oversights :o

John
Bradley 6 Rack BDS with cold smoke attachment, Maverick remote dual temp(2), Thermapen and,  Auber Dual Probe PID, 1300 Watt Mod, Weber Genesis E310

"I keep cutting it off and cutting it off and it is still too short"

carnie1

On the smoker main page http://www.north-america.bradleysmoker.com/food-smokers/ does the V rack look upside down or is it an optical illusion ?

Gafala

Quote from: carnie1 on November 21, 2013, 01:23:28 PM
On the smoker main page http://www.north-america.bradleysmoker.com/food-smokers/ does the V rack look upside down or is it an optical illusion ?

Its correct look at the Louvers they are on the top.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

devo

QuoteIts correct look at the lovers they are on the top.

BUT which lover is on top I can't tell  ;D

TedEbear

I counted 22 pucks in the feeder tube to the left of it.   :o