Strange Provolone

Started by Saber 4, November 10, 2013, 03:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

I just discovered something strange about the first provolone I picked up from Sam's Club and want to know if anyone else has seen this stuff, knows what the heck it is used for? and whether it is still good after being cold smoked and vacuum sealed for about 2 months.

I never noticed when I was buying a variety of cheeses to smoke that this provolone had a "fresh butter core"

This is what it looks like after cutting it in half

Wife said the center tasted like shortening when she tasted it before I had found the first picture to check the label.

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

I never seen any like that at sams.

But i did see a huge Provolone.

Gafala

The butter is unsalted best cut into a wedge and served with bread, they are the only ones making these cheese at this time.

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Quarlow

Did you also notice that the packaged cheese looks like a toilet seat. LOL. Damn, need a big smoker for that log of cheese. Yum.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.