Sorry Guys...

Started by Oldman, July 05, 2004, 03:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

A couple of weeks back we figure out that many items in my personal folder/ sub-folders were being hot-linked. I just found out that this site was not on my allowed list to prevent hot-linking. Somehow I added organic garden board twice and missed this site. This site is now included so my pictures will again show up.

However, if someone here tries to hot-link it from this board to another site (one that is not on my approved list) then the picture will not show up. I did not block right-click/ properties so the picture addy can be used in a brower, or the picture maybe copied.

I hope you understand that bandwidth cost money. And my leaching was getting into megs of traffic per month!!!

<b>FuzzyBear</b> Launch is going to be blocking his site. I know you have been hot-linking them. I got all of the ani-gif and more that he had. Unknown will be setting up a page where you can go and use them and not be blocked.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Fuzzybear

Thanks for the heads up Raye....

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Oldman

<b>FuzzyBear</b>

Ok we got some of them done. Here is the link:

http://dow.rminor.com/smilies/

We will be adding soon another 100 or so. More than likly we will break this up into a couple of pages or so. It is yours and all here to use as you like. [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Fuzzybear

Good job!

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Eat This

somehow oldman you dont seem so OLD to me LOL......You run a gaming site.....talking about "hot linking"...your VERY current on your events......[:D]....NOw....Im new...what does "Tshirt your chicken" mean??

Eat This

somehow oldman you dont seem so OLD to me LOL......You run a gaming site.....talking about "hot linking"...your VERY current on your events......[:D]....NOw....Im new...what does "Tshirt your chicken" mean??

Oldman

T-Shirt smok'in is just that LOL! I'm not a person who likes the bark on my smoked foods. So I place my stuff inside a white T-shirt and then smoke it. 1/2 way through the cook I turn the food upside down. This will allow for equal browning. Next the T-shirt will be moist. If I've done a ham (not a fresh ham) after the ham cools to room temp. I then wrap the ham with the T-Shirt still around it up in plastic and refrig it for a few days. This helps the smoke flavor to go through-out a large piece of meat. You can use a white bed sheet for large items. Never use a bar towel. Too thick.

Below is a picture I posted before but I don't think you have seen it. Now during the smoking process of this chicken I did not remove the T-Shirt. Depending upon the color I want there are times when I remove the T-Shirt the last hour or so.

If you don't mind let me share a little about myself with you.

I'm old for my group. At 54 years of age that makes me an oldman for online gaming. However, these kids have taught me a lot. They also keep you on your toes. For example I worked through a problem for another gardener via a posting board today. It turns out her brower had been highjacked. However, getting to that point, and directing her to the correct solution took several postings. If it had not been for these kids I game with I would never have known how to go about finding her the solution.

I will say this. I figure I got at best another 20 years before I wind down. Till then I'm going to do everything I can to stay frosty.

One of my accounts just said to me last week, "Raye you don't have to worry about what you are going to do when you retire! Damn you!" LOL!

The funny part is he does not know the half of it. You see my gardening handle is Pineapple_Raye. There is reason for it. At my current growth rate of pineapple Slips (pups)I'm 3-4 years away from having over 1500 pineapple plants. That will be the base for my retirement business. Three years after that I will have 10,000 plants. All orgaincally growing.

No I'm not going to can up pineapples. I'm going to market pineapple plants. The going rate if you can even find one here is 25-50 dollars per plant. Funny I going to go out doing what I've always want to do my whole life....be a farmer.

This is my gardening sig-pic! Oh ya I also do all of my own graphics....got to stay frosty friend! Ya got to stay frosty~~!

Eat This

Raye....all I can say is that I admire you!!! You are not OLD but I can see in the gaming community you might be considered VERY OLD!! Im not blowing SMOKE(jest)up your butt...I just think its cool you have the DRIVE to do what you want. Myself at 35 I am not doing my passion...which is cooking. I am just getting into smoking but appreciate you having the patience (and other members here) to actualy DESCRIBE what "t-shirting" is and not a one sentence response. Like most I am not DOING what I love for a living.....I am merely doing what I am good at and pays the most......Maybe someday I will got out cooking and passing on the "T-Shirt" smoking method I learned from a guy willing to help!!!!

Cold Smoke

Eat this- Well said!

Cheers!

Olds- For whatever reason I can't see some of your pics- just that red X again.

whitetailfan

Geez Olds, I need one O' these to bag more whitetail, just wouldn't be much meat left on em'

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Oldman

heh heh

I think you should get online and game with my group. I bet in a month you will think faster and start to take names and numbers.

Try it...what have you got to loose?
Olds