• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Turkey Day Preparations (picture heavy)

Started by Saber 4, November 25, 2013, 06:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

Since we are going trail riding and camping for Thanksgiving I was tasked with much of the food prep. This has been ongoing for several days now.

Started out with a batch of bottom round beef jerky so I could try out the new slicer, this one is teriyaki/mustard fusion.

Next up was a dozen hard boiled eggs cold smoked along with some hot habanero and velveeta cheeses for Christmas time

Followed by a batch of pensrock's bacon/chive cheese blocks, here's some of the 10.5 maple cured bacon I made getting cooked up to go in the cheese.

Since we don't get Cooper's down here I had to settle for a white American cheese from the grocery store deli counter. All the players ready to go

All plastic wrapped and in a Ziploc bag

And of course they wanted a batch of double stuff Chex Mix so I whipped up a batch while the turkey was smoking and then smoked it when the turkey went into the SRG

Of course the mission wouldn't be complete without the turkey, but that will have to be it's own story.

ragweed

Wow!  you've been busy, Robert.  Everything looks great!

Saber 4

Quote from: ragweed on November 25, 2013, 06:56:37 PM
Wow!  you've been busy, Robert.  Everything looks great!

Thanks Joe, and this is just the food part of the prep, I've had to work on the trailer and other prep stuff at the same time, hopefully we'll find a good deal on a pop up canopy with sides tomorrow so I can cook out of the wind on the 20 degree mornings we are expecting on the trip.

iceman

Where do I sign up for this trip?  ;D
Your friends are in for a tasty trip! Nice job.

PapaC

Yup, easy to see why you get the food assignments! I have no doubt all your hard work will be appreciated. Good for you, and have a great trip.
I'm just a social smoker, I can quit any time I want.

pensrock

The bacon/chive cheese looks good. I take it the dog will not get a taste of this batch?  ;D

Saber 4

Thanks for the support everyone

Quote from: pensrock on November 26, 2013, 03:13:21 PM
The bacon/chive cheese looks good. I take it the dog will not get a taste of this batch?  ;D

The dogs struck out on this one, Thanks for getting me straightened out, it's all going on the trip and the next batch is going into the smoker when we get back next week to be ready for Christmas with the family.

Just finished the last of the pre-trip food prep with two loaves of crusty bread, I tried to put 3 angled slices on the loaf on the left but didn't get it deep enough to help it expand so that loaf didn't turn out as good as the first.