• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My Thanks Giving Dinner (chinese style)

Started by RedJada, November 29, 2013, 06:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedJada

Went to my brothers for Turkey day festivities. My sister in-law is from Chongqing China and wanted to cook dinner. So here are a few photos.

Getting things going. Notice the celery and carrots cooking.

Here is the celery and carrots after peanuts were added and boiled for a few minutes. These were awesome.

The dish on the left is sliced dried beef, also boiled. Good stuff.

Some type of chinese peas being done up in the walk

Here we have shrimp, pork, chicken, beef, thin sliced potato. Everything you see was processed by hand using a cleaver.

This is ground pork meat balls being dropped into a boiling celery broth. Good stuff.

My sister in-law, my brother and my wife.

And me

Well, maybe next year.  ;D

Had a great day and an awesome dinner. We have had her cooking before but this time she made stuff we never had before. Some of the stuff I was second guessing but turned out great! I don't like anything that comes out of the water and even ate some shrimp. LOL... Well, time for me to see about getting the turkey going....

beefmann

great looking meal, family and friends, sounds like  you  enjoyed

PapaC

That looks great. Something out of the ordinary tradition for sure. That was nice of your SIL to prepare it for you all.
I'm just a social smoker, I can quit any time I want.

JZ

Great looking meal. I'd give thanks for that.

iceman

THAT is one fantastic looking meal! Your brother is one lucky guy to have a wife that cooks like that!  :)

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: iceman on November 30, 2013, 10:30:18 AM
THAT is one fantastic looking meal! Your brother is one lucky guy to have a wife that cooks like that!  :)

X2. It all looks delicious!
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

RedJada

It was different, but when the she wants to cook we never say no. Just cant beat fresh cooked chinese food. I always tell her you need your own restaurant. Maybe some day. Thanks everyone....

wkahler

This is awesome!!  Kind of reminded me of the Christmas meal off Christmas story!! I would live to do something like this totally different for a holiday meal.  Great idea and looks like a great time with family and friends!
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

RedJada

Quote from: wkahler on December 01, 2013, 08:47:57 AM
This is awesome!!  Kind of reminded me of the Christmas meal off Christmas story!! I would live to do something like this totally different for a holiday meal.  Great idea and looks like a great time with family and friends!

Just be forewarned wkahler, the food is great without a doubt. But you will need to completely re-do your spice inventory to cook like this. Smoking/BBQ and Chinese spices are two complete different worlds. I'm lucky if I get a little here and there. I try to learn every time my sis in-law cooks. Maybe I will actually post something some day but I can tell you it's going to be a long read.

RedJada

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 01, 2013, 11:37:56 AM
Looks like a great meal!!

It was 10.5, I'll see if I cant get some recipes together to post here. It will take some though...

wkahler

Just noticed u are close to me so i can just come to your place no reason to add to my spice collection LOL!!!!
The smoking lamp is lit!!!