• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Coating on top of smoker melts?

Started by kbatx, December 02, 2013, 04:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbatx

Recently bought the four rack black Bradley Smoker. We've used it four times total and smoked a turkey for Thanksgiving. We smoked the turkey
at 200 for four hours. When I went out to check on the smoker the black smoker coating under the top vent was melted and sticky. Also we did
have the vent open during smoking/cooking.

Has anyone else experienced this issue (see pic below)?

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

watchdog56

Saber 4

Never seen that before so I agree with the others call Bradley

KyNola

I have never heard of nor seen anything like that before.  It almost looks like there was a clear plastic protective film that was not removed prior to shipping.

pensrock

I agree, I always thought it was a powder coating which should never bubble from the low temps we use the Bradley's for. It would be nice to find out what it is.  :-\

beefmann

contact bradley,,,you may also want to send them a  picture to aid in description so they  can figure  out what  happined

Tenpoint5

I am going to guess that if that is the setting you had for smoking the turkey at 200 degrees. The moisture and steam did that while trying to escape out under the vent. Just guessing
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tiny Tim

That's what it looked like to me too...the smokey moisture goo that will glue the moveable portion to the cabinet.

cathouse willy

When the smoker has cooled remove the vent cover and wipe off the gunk.Does the powder coating come off leaving behind bare metal?. If so that unit got very hot, much hotter than designed for and you have a serious problem. I'm betting its just built up cooking gunk.

cajunboudreaux

I had this happen to me, it was because i didn't have my vent open enough ( I thought I did). Since then I have removed the vent entirely. It will do this if the steam and smoke gets backed up. Also look at the hole where your burner plate fits in. It should have happened there as well.
Laissez les bon temps rouler