Active duty Army, new to the forum and smoking

Started by Cajun1085, December 04, 2013, 12:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cajun1085

I've been dropping the hint to the wife for a year now that I wanted a smoker and she finally got the hint. Actually my in-laws bought me a original Bradley 4 rack for Christmas.

I am originally from South Louisiana, but currently stationed in Maryland. If I'm not working, I'm hunting.

So I've smoked some venison summer sausage and trail bologna and some goose cheddar brats. Over all I am pleased!

Habanero Smoker

Hi Cajun1085,

Welcome to the forum.

I know this may sound cliché, but I do want to thank you for your service.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska and as Habs said, you are much appreciated.  I'm a hunter too.  Unfortunately, I'm still trying to get more raw material for my sausage and smoking addiction.  Lots of good folks here.  Ask anything.  Someone here will know the answer.  Keep your top vent open and enjoy your new smoker.

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas and a former Cav Scout. You will love your new addiction, keep your top vent open, your water bowl full and have happy smokes. And don't forget that we like pictures, no pictures and you were cooking unicorn meat :D

tailfeathers

Welcome also from South Dakota, and I too would like to thank you for being willing to defend the greatest country on earth. (With apologies to our smoking brethren from other nations)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

beefmann

Welcome aboard ,

Lots of good folks and information here, ask questions and you  will receive information on what  you ask,

also  thanks for  serving in the army and defending this  great country

NorthShoreMN

Welcome from Minnesota.  I joined about 14 months ago. Everyone has been very kind and helpful, you will enjoy the support group.
Thank you for serving.
Paul
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

UncleAl

Welcome from Michigan - you will learn a lot from this forum I know I am

Cajun1085

Thanks for the support gentlemen! I've scouted around this site for about a month before my smoker arrived. A few conclusions I have made so far...3-2-1 ribs and Jan's rubs is a good start. Also since I like to make a lot of sausage, I need a PID.

I am still trying to figure out how to post pictures. I just opened a photo bucket account and posted a few pictures on it. I'll try to get a few pictures up in a bit. 

Cajun1085

Venison Trail Bologna, Summer sausage

Goose Cheddar Brats.

I think I took a big leap smoking sausage for my very first smoke. Over they came out great. I've got folks at work trying to pay me for some!

My only think is I don't think I cooled them fast enough because the skin got a little wrinkly on me.

TedEbear

Quote from: Cajun1085 on December 04, 2013, 02:37:51 PM
I am still trying to figure out how to post pictures. I just opened a photo bucket account and posted a few pictures on it. I'll try to get a few pictures up in a bit.

If you have a Photobucket account you're halfway there.  Here's a link that describes the procedure:

How do I add pictures to my posts on the Bradley Smoker Forum?

The short version is once you u/l a pic to Photobucket you click on the "IMG" box to the right of it and then copy and paste the contents into a message on here.  Click on the "Preview" button if you want to see if it worked before you post it. 

Also, welcome aboard.   :)