• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Long time user...pucks quit advancing....??

Started by Qballgreg, December 04, 2013, 11:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qballgreg

I have an Original BS, and the pucks quit advancing....the fuse is good, the power is on, but the motor is not advancing the pucks...is this an easy fix, or do I need to purchase a new motor unit?

Gafala

I would check all the plugs and connectors in side the bradley first they could be corroded.

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Qballgreg

Thanks for the advice...I took it apart...no corrosion anywhere so I cleaned it up and reassembled...still does not advance...I even checked the fuse on a meter and it is good....any other ideas?

Qballgreg

No advance in any manner....when I activate the manual button, it clicks, but no advance....wires are connected, outlet works...everything fine as it gets to temp, but no puck advance...

pondee

Your puck holder tube might be pushed down too far jamming the pucks and stopping their advance.  Try lifting it a wee bit.

Qballgreg

Habanero Smoker

If the arm does not pivot when you pushed the advance button, and you are sure the wires are tightly connected and you ruled out the other tips given, you may need a new motor.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Qballgreg

Thanks....I just spoke to Bradley, explained the problem,meta...they recommended a new motor and switch...so when I receive, I'll how difficult this process will be to install the two.....more later....

Habanero Smoker

It shouldn't be too difficult. Just check the alignment of the arm on the motor before closing the generator up. It has to depress the micro switch in far enough to turn the motor off.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

TedEbear

Did you read through the troubleshooting tips from those two links I posted earlier?

Aplus

I'm having the exact same problem. I can't find a tech service phone # does anyone have one?

Thanks

Habanero Smoker

Hi Aplus;

Welcome to the forum.

Phone lines are open 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST Monday through Friday;
Customer Service Toll Free: (866) 508-7514

See more at information at: http://www.north-america.bradleysmoker.com/contact/#sthash.x5T27lBH.dpuf

I
         don't
                   inhale.