HELP with auber single probe controller

Started by christoff, December 21, 2013, 01:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christoff

hello, im new to smoking and purchased a auber single probe. i am going to do a ham today but cannot figure this thing out at all. im so confused. can someone please explain to me how to use this thing like your explaining it to a 3 year old haha. i hooked it up and turned it on and its just beeping like crazy and i set the 1st setting thingy to 250 and pressed set. i dont no what im doing lol any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

christoff

I went threw and set for 200degrees for 2.5 hours and than setting two at 250degrees for 2.5hours. i did like it said in the pdf that came with it and pressed the rest of the settings at 0 for degrees, 0 for time. i than pressed mode repedietly threw all the steps till it got to the temp display but its just three blank bars and the thing is beeping non stop. Is there something i have to do now to make it start. note that my light on the bottom of my smoker is not on. the light on the smoking part it, but its not heating up at all after 30min. please help

Salmonsmoker

Do you have your temperature probe plugged into the  pid unit? it will not operate without a sensor plugged into it.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

tailfeathers

Is it real cold where you are? The probe has to be over 12 degrees or the pid won't kick in the element. If it's colder than that hold the temp probe in your hand to warm it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

tailfeathers

Don't ask me how long it took me to figure that out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Grouperman941

Quote from: Salmonsmoker on December 21, 2013, 02:08:00 PM
Do you have your temperature probe plugged into the  pid unit? it will not operate without a sensor plugged into it.

This is what I was gonna say.

(And on the dual probe, both need to be plugged in.)
I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?