Hello from Knoxville TN

Started by TNRockyraccoon, December 30, 2013, 07:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNRockyraccoon

Hello to all you smoky smelling ladies and gentlemen.

I'm new to the forums, but just partially new to Bradley Smokers.

I'm a fly fishing guide here in east Tennessee and I use my smoker primarily to make great lunches for my clients. Don't get me wrong though....we use it here at the house quite a bit as well.

My normal routine is to rub and season a whole young chicken and put it on the smoker around 9:00pm. I'll run four hickory pucks on it and cook it at 225 for about 9 hours. Then it's wrapped in foil, wrapped in a towel and put in a polar bear cooler. My clients are always surprised when I pop open that foil and the chicken is still steaming. They often pick the bones clean.

Anyway, I'm here to learn more about my smoker and gather sage advice from those who have more experience.

UncleAl

beefmann

welcome aboard lots of good people and information  here

im from so calif

Indy Smoker

Welcome from Indiana.
Your chicken surprise gives me ideas for the same. Nothing like pulling out steaming meat in the middle of no- where

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  It's hard to think about fishing when I just got back from deer hunting in below zero wind chills!  Brrrr.

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Saber 4

tailfeathers

And South Dakota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Caneyscud

Haven't been on in a while - but hello from Mid Tenn - home of the Caney Fork!  Get to work at CT every once in awhile.  Have way too many flyrods and I'm not even a guide.  Is that a Clacka in your avatar?  Where do you float?  Haven't fished ET all that much.  Daughter went to ETSU and did not even fish the Watauga while she was there. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

TNRockyraccoon

Hey there CaneyScud.

Good to hear from a fellow Smoke and Fishing enthusiast in Tennessee. I know Grumpy out there at CT, Tell him Rocky said hello. I get out on the Caney from time to time, but am primarily set on the Clinch, Holston and Hiwassee Rivers.

Yep, that's a 2001 Clackacraft that's been going strong around here for some time. You need to get over here and fish with me sometime.....and share some of this great smoked food.

Caneyscud

10.5 sent me a link to your video - cool beans!  Just talked to Grumpy yesterday - wants me to work a Sat in May.  Leo has a treatment scheduled.   Would love to go east and fish with ya.  Never fished the Holston or the Clinch yet.  Passed over the Clinch a few months ago - going up to the App. Museum.  Fished the Hiwassee a number of times - always caught something even if it was only a small hellbender.  Learned solo canoe on the Hiwassee.  Haven't been in 3 years though - heard all the fly shops had closed.  Last two times I had been going after a Striper after hearing rumors.   Usually have a big barbecue in the spring early summer behind CT.  Don't know when, as I am looking for another big trailer mount rig  - lost access to the two I usually use.  they both got put on one trailer and it is always busy.  Need to come over - fish the Caney and eat some Mid TN (texas style) bbq. 

Caneyscud

Rocky, I was over at CT yesterday and got to talking with the boys - having the BBQ on Sat. - 4/5.  Come by if you can.  Grumpy said to tell you hi for him. 

TNRockyraccoon

I'll be there if I'm anywhere close to Nashville on the 5th.