Smoky Deviled Eggs

Started by TedEbear, December 31, 2013, 09:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedEbear

I made my first batch of smoked deviled eggs today.  Judging by how quickly they disappeared from the platter I'd say they turned out very well. 

This is a modified version of a smoked deviled egg recipe that I found elsewhere.

Smoky Deviled Eggs

Ingredients:
12 hard boiled eggs, peeled
6 tablespoons real mayonnaise
6 teaspoons chives, diced
2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
2 dashes hot sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons crispy crumbled bacon, about 3 slices (optional)
Paprika (optional)

Preparation:
Preheat your Bradley to 200*F. Use whatever wood flavor you prefer.  I used cherry.
Hard boil your eggs and peel the shells.
Place the whole eggs in your Bradley and smoke for 45 minutes. You can fry your crispy bacon now while waiting.
Remove from the smoker and allow the eggs to cool. Smoking your eggs will give them a slight tan color, but an intense smoky flavor.
Slice the eggs lengthwise and scoop the egg yolks directly into a gallon zip top bag. Add the mayo, chives, mustard, vinegar, hot sauce, and salt and pepper to the bag.
Seal the bag and, using your hands, knead all of the ingredients together in the bag until completely smooth. Squeeze the yolk mixture into one corner of the bag and then cut the corner off.
Pipe the yolk mixture into the whites. Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and Paprika (if using) and chill until you are ready to serve.

The original recipe can be found here:  Smoky Deviled Eggs

wkahler

Great post and i have done these before they never last very long on the platter!! 
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

Smoker John

Those look really good, thanks for posting the recipe
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

pjplovedog

Thank you very much for this!  I bet my gang would be super happy if I did this.  Looks super yummy! :)

Saber 4

They look good, sometimes I go so far as to cut the eggs in half before I smoke them so the yolks get a touch of the smoke also.