1st Sunshine State-- 2nd Storm State-- 3rd Now Poor State.

Started by Oldman, June 17, 2006, 09:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

In today business section of the newspaper it stated that  because another Insurer went belly up they are adding $20.00 to the thousand to make up this short call for everyone here.

Now my Mother's home is already costing me $2,400.00 per year, and with this increase it will add another $2,900.00 per year. I cannot even imagine what the average working folks are going to do to pay this increase. Between our average home and Mother's (1200 square foot home) we are looking at $12,0000.00 annually for home owners insurance. Un-damn believeable.

This does not take into account the shortage of our state run JUA insurer of last resort that every home owner in the state must also make up.

Strong suggestion. Don't move to Florida. Go to Canada...live with the cold. Or go to Mexico and live with bad water.

Olds.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

oillogger

I live in the swamp 50 miles SW of New Orleans and last January my fire and flood insurance together was about $1400. :'(  What will it be next January? :o  Rita and Katrina both took a few shingles off my home.  Five border jumpers put my new 30 year roof on in 11 hours with a 1-1/2 hour lunch for $4600 when I had bids from $6200 to $11,000.  Most of those roofers did not have insurance.  I'll trade the border jumpers one for one with them about 200,000 non-working New Orlean's yahoos that have raised the crime rate in numerous cities across our nation and live off those who work.  Think about how so few people can effect the crime rate in so many large cities (Houston - 4 mil, Dallas/Ft Worth - 2-3 mil, Atlanta - 2 mil, etc.).  Most of the other 200,000 New Orlean's citizens need our help and they are trying to help themselfs.

iceman

Quote from: Oldman on June 17, 2006, 09:29:29 AM
Between our average home and Mother's (1200 square foot home) we are looking at $12,0000.00 annually for home owners insurance. Un-damn believeable.

Un frigging real Olds!!!!! That is highway robbery if I ever saw it!!!!!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Oldman on June 17, 2006, 09:29:29 AM
Go to Canada...live with the cold. Or go to Mexico and live with bad water.

Olds.

I hope you mother gets some financial relief. You don't have to go that far north. New York ain't all that bad.  ::)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

QuoteI hope you mother gets some financial relief.
Oh she has relief.. Susan and I pay the bills, and as two weeks back she moved in with us.

You would be surprized at the number of people today in this state that just no longer have home owners insurance. There is a lot of talk about it in the newspapers lately. The man who is putting in the new windows and doors for me at Mother's house does not. His thinking is he has a block house and if needed as long as the blocks were still there he could re-build the rest back himself.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

To bad the state doesn't give home owners a rebate on their land taxes to offset this cost.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

QuoteTo bad the state doesn't give home owners a rebate on their land taxes to offset this cost

The Governer tried to do that but it got shot down. The way things are going  we will have a state income tax next year.

tsquared

That's pretty steep, Olds. I won't be complaining about our house insurance next time it comes due. Course, after we get that 7. something earthquake on the Richter scale that we keep drilling for, that may change quick!
T2