• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New Owner and Beginner Smoker

Started by cbrenner13, January 04, 2014, 03:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cbrenner13

Hello All,

I am looking forward to learning a lot here.  I live at altitude and I am curious to learn more about smoking at altitude.

Smoker: Bradley Original
Favorite: Smoked Baby Backs

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, I'll defer to our higher members to advise on your specific smoking situation.

Wildcat

Welcome aboard. I am not an expert but the only thing I can think of altitude bothering in smoking is a gas unit that is set up for lower altitudes, thermometers, and baking.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

UncleAl

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.

Habanero Smoker

Hi cbrenner13;

Welcome to the forum. If you do a search on this forum you will find there have been discussions on this in the past. Also google "cooking at high altitudes".

For the Bradley your main concern will be the boiling point of water at the altitude you live at. The higher the elevation the lower the boiling point of water. This will increase your cooking times. Also water will evaporate much more quickly, so that may effect what vent openings you use.

To calculate the boiling point of water at your altitude, check out the link below:
Boiling Point Calculator

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

welcome aboard and enjoy, lots of good folks and information here