• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Trying to decide

Started by Smoker72, January 05, 2014, 09:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoker72

I have never owned a electric smoker all ways traditional wood and I'm trying to decide which road should I go. I have read numerous post about ht old electric smoker compared to the new digital smoker good and bad. I live in the south so I'm not worried about cold temps that would effect the temp when opening the door. I mainly am looking for a smoker that will hold close to the set temp, be consistent each use and also good customer support if ever needed.

I appreciate any advice that can get given in helping me make the correct decision for the money that will be spending.

Thanks,

Smoker72

Tenpoint5

The Bradley would serve your purposes just fine. If your looking to make your own sausages then I would suggest the 6 rack version.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Saber 4

I haven't seen better customer service than Bradley has in years and I agree with TenPoint5.

rexster

The Bradley is almost foolproof and service is beyond reproach. Read some of the posts about temp control and how to keep the temps from large swings up and down. The six rack is the way to go. You'll wind up wanting a couple more racks sometime if you get the 4 rack
Stainless 4 rack Bradley
6 Rack DBS w/second heat element
Auber PID
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
Jenn-Air 75000 btu gas grill w/sear burner
Weber Performer charcoal grill
Portable Kitchen All Aluminum Charcoal Grill
2 MES 40" smokers
PK360 Grill
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer

beefmann

bradley smokers are near the top of electric smokers along with some of the  best customer service, along with this forums great members that are always  willing to help , share and guide some one who is new to the  bradley smoker family,

the original smoker has no time control on it, and a  variable heat  controller, the digital has a  digital  heat  setting, and a  timer for both the smoke generator and heat, if i  remember right up to 10 hours, this can be a  burden on long  smokes that can go longer, including some 18 to 20 hours or  longer.

hope this  helps