• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Arctic Vortex ?

Started by iceman, January 10, 2014, 03:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

I keep hearing about this arctic vortex down south. We don't call it that up here in Prudhoe Bay. We just call it COLD!  ;D

TedEbear

Looks like a great opportunity for some COLD smoking.   ;D

Saber 4

Now that is COLD!, our local Dallas weather man said the polar vortex is a meteorological term and that it is always there, someone just wanted a sensational term to stir up the global warming crowd when it dipped lower into the states than usual. lol

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: Saber 4 on January 10, 2014, 05:32:01 PM
Now that is COLD!, our local Dallas weather man said the polar vortex is a meteorological term and that it is always there, someone just wanted a sensational term to stir up the global warming crowd when it dipped lower into the states than usual. lol

You beat me to the punch Saber. X2
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Saber 4

Quote from: Salmonsmoker on January 10, 2014, 07:31:40 PM
Quote from: Saber 4 on January 10, 2014, 05:32:01 PM

You beat me to the punch Saber. X2

Sorry the weather man had me chuckling over it so much this morning that I couldn't resist sharing it. ;)

Tenpoint5

Yeah BUT it's a DRY cold!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pokermeister

Are you sure about the temperature? It looks like your thermometer is maxed (or should I say minned) out!  ::)
Life is short, eat the dessert first!

Wildcat

Bet the waiting lines are short at the local establishments! I hate it when it gets 50 above.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Ka Honu

iceman: I think you need to get one of those new "smart thermometers" - the one that knows it's too damn cold and dials your travel agent to buy tickets to Hawaii. Then, of course, there's the "really smart thermometer" that buys one-way tickets.

ratherbboating

I once went on the North Slope in Jan to repair some equipment.    This was in the days of memory tapes for small computers (128k of memory was a lot), not disks.  Had to keep the tapes inside my jacket to keep them warm enough to work.  Only spent the day there but it was enough to convince me that I did not want to live where it got that cold.  Had fun with electronic salesmen for a long time after that, what temp would their electronics quit working because of cold. 
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

pensrock

Pat you probably would have preferred the arctic vortex we got compared to what you have. -50 dam that's cold!