Just couldn't wait!!

Started by wkahler, January 16, 2014, 10:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wkahler

I smoked some Cheddar on 12/21 for the first time i cut into it today to try it and see how it taste.  It was good but still had a little ashy taste and smell on the inside for sure.  So i vacuumed it back up and stuck it back in the fridge!!
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

tskeeter

You won't have to wait once your last smoke has provided you with a stash of cheese.  When my stash starts to get low, I start to plan the next cheese smoking event.  Seems the meat drawer always has a decent supply of smoked dairy products in it.

The stash also comes in handy when the neighbor asks if I will smoke some cheese for them.  Exchange smoked cheese for the unsmoked supply they provide.  Then I can smoke when it's convenient for me, and they can have cheese for their next family gathering.

wkahler

Great idea!!  I recently got one of my buddies in the smoking work and he is smoking everything he can get his hands on i think in the way of cold smoking LOL!!  The wife said we aren't allowed to smoke anymore cheese until this batch is set and taste like cheese and not ask tray!  I explained the waiting period just like to smoke while the weather is naturally cold and we can just toss the AmazeN smoker in there and let it roll!!

wkahler

Well it has now been 31 days since the first smoked cheddar block went into the the smoker.  It turned out good according to the wife, only reason i say that is because i am not a huge cheddar fan i am waiting on the pepper jack to be done then go for the taste test!

tailfeathers

Quote from: tskeeter on January 16, 2014, 10:58:50 AM
You won't have to wait once your last smoke has provided you with a stash of cheese.  When my stash starts to get low, I start to plan the next cheese smoking event.  Seems the meat drawer always has a decent supply of smoked dairy products in it.

The stash also comes in handy when the neighbor asks if I will smoke some cheese for them.  Exchange smoked cheese for the unsmoked supply they provide.  Then I can smoke when it's convenient for me, and they can have cheese for their next family gathering.
That is exactly what I do as well. I always have a good supply of smoked cheese on hand that is already aged. If someone asks me to smoke cheese for them I just have them bring me some and give them some that's ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

manfromplaid

i did my cheese smoke 12/24   opened both the chedder and friulano  did with only 1 hr apple  and its good and even better as a grilled cheese sand. buying cheeses for the next smoke today.