• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hello from Virginia!

Started by Pic-N-Stick, January 23, 2014, 05:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pic-N-Stick

Just wanted to say hello.  Been using a Bradley smoker for several years, and have lurked here a lot.  I recently bought my second Bradley and am in the process of some mods.  My passion is bowhunting deer, and here in suburbia we have WAY too many whitetails and VERY long seasons!  Although I donate several each year to Hunters For The Hungry, I always end up with freezers full of venison.  That's what led me to Bradley smokers and continues to be my focus--new and different ways to prepare venison.  Thanks for all I've already learned about the Bradleys from this site! 8)

beefmann

welcome aboard congrats on the second smoker, keep up the good work  with Hunters for the hungry

ragweed

Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  Enjoy the high Whitetail population while you can.  We had an outbreak of EHD in 2012 in our deer herd and hunting has been tough since.  We managed to get three this year, but we really had to work for them.

tailfeathers

Quote from: ragweed on January 23, 2014, 06:39:41 AM
Welcome to the forum from Nebraska.  Enjoy the high Whitetail population while you can.  We had an outbreak of EHD in 2012 in our deer herd and hunting has been tough since.  We managed to get three this year, but we really had to work for them.
x2
South Dakota's deer herd got whacked by EHD as well. I didn't draw a tag in '13 but most guys I know we're not able to fill theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

tailfeathers

Were not we're. Stupid spell check thingy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Pic-N-Stick

Thanks, guys!  Yes we really have it good, and have for a bunch of years.  Even with me missing a chunk of the season I managed to take 12 with my bow, 3 of which were on my hit list.  Hope your herds recover.  EHD is torture on the deer.  Nature sure has a cruel way of thinning them out! 

NorthShoreMN

Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Saber 4

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

UncleAl

smoke em if you got em

OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG