• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Great American Outdoor Show

Started by RedJada, February 01, 2014, 10:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedJada

Great American Outdoor Show, Harrisburg PA. http://greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/home.aspx

Starts today, 650,000sq.ft. of outdoor goodness. Just wondering if anyone is going? We will be there next weekend. Looking to check out the fishing, boats, RV's, everything really.

River Rat

Plan on being there next weekend. Grew up just across the river
River Rat
"Smoke On"

RedJada

Hey river rat, shoot me a PM if you make it. I'll be at the show all day Saturday.

River Rat

I make sure I do that. Sat. Would be the day for us also. I remember going to this every year growing up in Pa.  It was a great time.
River Rat
"Smoke On"

RedJada

Sounds like a plan, It would be great to meet someone from the forum. Maybe we can hook up for cocktails or something.

The past few years here in NE Ohio, these outdoor shows have really been crap. You get a hand full of vendors that bring nothing. You spend $20 for parking and entry then your asking your self "what am I doing here?" LOL Came across this one some how and thought I need to check it out. Great way to break up the cabin fever.

River Rat

River Rat
"Smoke On"

wkahler

Just trying to get an idea of where this is in Harrisburg.  Is it close to the Bass Pro shops that is there?
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

River Rat

If you are going south to north on I83 you will exit right after you cross the river. There will be signs. If you see the Bass Pro Shop you have gone to far.
River Rat
"Smoke On"

wkahler

I was just trying to figure out a rough idea.  We stayed down that way a few years ago when we went to Hershey for a small vacation with the kids!

River Rat

Are you coming across on the turnpike?
River Rat
"Smoke On"

wkahler

I have no clue if we are coming. We are in Ohio

RedJada

wkahler, your probably a 4 hour drive. Look here for discounted rates for hotels. http://greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/traveltourism/hotel.aspx

I think were staying at the best western primer (something like that) Besides a discount for going to the outdoor show, the hotels will have shuttle service to and from. Saves the hassle of driving, parking.... Hope you can make it. Been looking at BBQ places in the area and there are plenty. I'm going to guess river rat can point us in the right direction when it comes to that.

River Rat

Mom lives 15 minutes away so we will be staying there
River Rat
"Smoke On"