Deer Jerky Wafers

Started by ragweed, February 02, 2014, 10:37:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tailfeathers

Well you may rest assured that I will "pay it forward" when I get back in business. Sounds like it'll be a while though. On the bright side it looks like I won't have to be fighting subzero temps while smoking, at least not until next winter!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

manfromplaid

now----- that is outstanding.........

tailfeathers

Quote from: ragweed on February 06, 2014, 01:25:52 PM
Not offended at all.  Maybe a little embarrassed.  I just hope I don't get a bunch of addresses now from folks with fake knee injuries! lol
Now who among us would stoop that low? That's about as bad as framing a poor defenseless pooch for stealing jerky!

ragweed

What kinda dog you got, Paul?

tailfeathers

We've got a beagle, a chocolate lab/min pin mix, and for about another week or so we are watching my son's dog which is half catahoula and half black lab. Too many for a one-legged man that's for sure!

ragweed

When you mentioned blaming a poor defenseless pooch for stealing jerky, I knew you had a dog.  LOL  We've got a lab and two beagles and my wife blames the beagle puppy for the disappearing jerky, snack sticks, cheese, etc.

tailfeathers

Well there's no doubt that a beagle thinks with his stomach. I love ol' Chester but he definitely has a one track mind.

KyNola

Quote from: tailfeathers on February 06, 2014, 12:56:53 PM
Ragweed, I hope you are not offended by this but I want people to know and appreciate the quality of folks who participate here. I've said before and reiterate now that this is unlike any other forum where I have either participated or lurked. This guy, Ragweed, sent me a pack of his deer jerky wafers along with 1/2 chub of his beef summer sausage. He doesn't  know me from Adam but heard I'd wrecked a knee, PMed me for my address and yesterday a care package of meaty goodness. That, my friends, is going above and beyond! Thanks Joe, and blessings on you.
Tailfeathers, you could not have said it any better if you had tried.  THIS is what the forum is all about and designed for.  You can't make this stuff up.

Very nicely done Joe.

Saber 4

Quote from: KyNola on February 06, 2014, 06:00:10 PM
Quote from: tailfeathers on February 06, 2014, 12:56:53 PM
Ragweed, I hope you are not offended by this but I want people to know and appreciate the quality of folks who participate here. I've said before and reiterate now that this is unlike any other forum where I have either participated or lurked. This guy, Ragweed, sent me a pack of his deer jerky wafers along with 1/2 chub of his beef summer sausage. He doesn't  know me from Adam but heard I'd wrecked a knee, PMed me for my address and yesterday a care package of meaty goodness. That, my friends, is going above and beyond! Thanks Joe, and blessings on you.
Tailfeathers, you could not have said it any better if you had tried.  THIS is what the forum is all about and designed for.  You can't make this stuff up.

Very nicely done Joe.

X2, Outstanding Joe.

pensrock

QuoteX2, Outstanding Joe.
X3, Outstanding Joe.

NePaSmoKer

Joe's method beats the jerky shooter hands down.

NorthShoreMN

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 05, 2014, 06:13:14 AM
Joe's method beats the jerky shooter hands down.
Totally agree.
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

OntarioSmoke

Am heading down to the states in a couple weeks and just ordered some of the smoking gun marinade to my place down there to try out when I return.  Can't wait to get out of the cold but really can't wait to try this out when I get back :D.

JW

ragweed

Thanks for the kind words everyone.  I'm glad to hear so many are trying Dad's method and liking it.   :) :) :)

Saber 4

Quote from: ragweed on March 05, 2014, 10:16:38 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone.  I'm glad to hear so many are trying Dad's method and liking it.   :) :) :)

I've got probably a dozen or so non-forum members making your Dad's rounds here in Texas now. Everyone absolutely loves them.