Ghost Peppers

Started by Gafala, February 06, 2014, 05:26:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gafala

I like hot peppers but these I will handle with care. Got one small bag about 20 peppers I will grind them this weekend.

http://www.igourmet.com/shoppe/prodview.aspx?prod=8951
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

tailfeathers

There's a little dairy near here (Dimock Dairy in Dimock, SD) that just recently started making ghost pepper cheese. I've bought some and smoked it. It's really good but almost to hot even for me. They also make a habenero and that is just right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

ragweed

Be careful for sure!  Them little bhuts were what seasoned the jerky that NePaSmoker got into at the Smoke Out!  TenPoint 5 said, "NePas eyes were spinning like a slot machine."

These guys make hot stuff too.  www.volcanicpeppers.com.  Check 'em out.

pensrock

When I grind hot peppers like habs and bhuts I always do it on the back porch and have a fan blowing on my back just to make sure a breeze doesn't come up and I get a face full of powdered death dust.  :o

TMB

Quote from: pensrock on February 07, 2014, 05:00:32 AM
When I grind hot peppers like habs and bhuts I always do it on the back porch and have a fan blowing on my back just to make sure a breeze doesn't come up and I get a face full of powdered death dust.  :o
Yep, good info for sure.  I was given a bag of Ghost Pepper powder  and man those peppers are VERY warm so be careful when you handle and grind them.

I'd wear gloves just in case some gets on your hands, 'cause if nature calls well you know the rest  ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o :o :o
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Saber 4

Quote from: TMB on February 07, 2014, 05:51:07 AM
Quote from: pensrock on February 07, 2014, 05:00:32 AM
Yep, good info for sure.  I was given a bag of Ghost Pepper powder  and man those peppers are VERY warm so be careful when you handle and grind them.

I'd wear gloves just in case some gets on your hands, 'cause if nature calls well you know the rest  ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o :o :o

You just brought back bad memories of the first trip to the gas chamber at Ft Knox many moons ago..... :-[

pensrock

We had one guy who used to come on here a while back, not sure why he quit stopping in, he was a good guy, he wanted to dry and grind peppers but did not have a dehydrator so dried them in his oven but apparently the fan was not strong enough and he had to open the doors to air out the house and had to leave the house for a while till it cleared.  ;D ;D
  I did warn him about handling and grinding them but he did not listen to me about wearing gloves and when nature came calling.....  :o :o ;D ;D ;D  It was so funny to hear him tell the story. I'm still laugh thinking about it. poor Marc.  ;D

RedJada

I have one Trinidad Scorpion pepper. I got it fresh and it's been in a brown paper bag on top of the fridge drying out. When the weather breaks, I am going to de-seed it and try to grow some. Mostly to see if I can grow them successfully.

hutcho

Not as bad as ghost peppers but I made some abts one time and didnt wear gloves, got all done and washed my hands then went to take my contacts out....:o:'( it was TERRIBLE!  It burnt for a couple hours, all I could do was sit there with a water bottle on my eyes trying to flush it.  Moral of the story WEAR GLOVES! lesson learned lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Snoopy

did the same recently with the helapenos, don't know when i rubbed my nose but i did, felt like i snorted a line of cayanne. i dipped a bunch of qtips in milk and jammed em in there.