Quick and Easy Butter Chicken

Started by barbquebec, February 10, 2014, 10:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbquebec

If you like curry,this is pretty good...

http://www.ricardocuisine.com/recipes/5833-quick-and-easy-butter-chicken
I swapped out the garlic powder for 2 cloves crushed garlic and added a med. diced onion.  8)

Saber 4

That looks good and it seems like a quick and easy recipe, I did some wild rice up the other night with curry seasonings in it and I bet it would go good with this dish.

barbquebec

Quote from: Saber 4 on February 10, 2014, 11:13:55 AM
That looks good and it seems like a quick and easy recipe, I did some wild rice up the other night with curry seasonings in it and I bet it would go good with this dish.
Thanks Saber 4 and I think your rice would do well with this dish.I think the next time around I'll marinate and grill the chicken.  8)

Saber 4

Quote from: barbquebec on February 10, 2014, 12:05:36 PM
Thanks Saber 4 and I think your rice would do well with this dish.I think the next time around I'll marinate and grill the chicken.  8)

You might try marinating and throw it in the smoker to cook, then sauce it up at the end. Just a thought

barbquebec

Quote from: Saber 4 on February 10, 2014, 12:30:47 PM

You might try marinating and throw it in the smoker to cook, then sauce it up at the end. Just a thought
Also a good idea.Marinating and then grilling or smoking the chicken and adding the sauce,the dish is now called Tikka Masala. 8)

RedJada

Looks good but have no idea where to start with the chicken. Photos are great but so are recipes.......

barbquebec

Quote from: RedJada on February 10, 2014, 01:18:08 PM
Looks good but have no idea where to start with the chicken. Photos are great but so are recipes.......
Hey RedJada...there is a link to the recipe under the photo...  8)

RedJada

Quote from: barbquebec on February 10, 2014, 01:30:42 PM

LOL, I was to worried about where to start digging in on that plate that I totlay missed the link.  :o :o

barbquebec

Quote from: RedJada on February 10, 2014, 01:33:51 PM
Quote from: barbquebec on February 10, 2014, 01:30:42 PM

LOL, I was to worried about where to start digging in on that plate that I totlay missed the link.  :o :o
That pic is kinda large. :o I should re-size when posting.  8)

Saber 4

Quote from: barbquebec on February 10, 2014, 01:13:16 PM
Quote from: Saber 4 on February 10, 2014, 12:30:47 PM

Also a good idea.Marinating and then grilling or smoking the chicken and adding the sauce,the dish is now called Tikka Masala. 8)

I knew I'd had that before, love Tikka Masala

barbquebec

Chicken Tikka Masala... :)

...marinated...

...grilled...

...plated...
8)

Saber 4

barbquebec

Quote from: Saber 4 on February 25, 2014, 01:39:38 PM
Nicely played, BQ! ;D
...Thanks Saber 4...prefer this method for sure...next time I'll try a little smoke. 8)

Dano

Looks good. When I lived in Singapore we used to take trips to Delhi and Agara.   Learned to cook with a tandooor and got really good at Murgh Makhani(butter chicken) and mutton vindaloo. With the butter chicken traditionally it uses bits of leftover tandooried chicken so that's how I do it. If anyone would like them I can post my tandoori marinade and Murgh Makhani recipes which we picked up from over there. 
Proud member of PETA:  People Eating Tasty Animals.  :)

Saber 4

Quote from: Dano on February 26, 2014, 06:41:04 PM
Looks good. When I lived in Singapore we used to take trips to Delhi and Agara.   Learned to cook with a tandooor and got really good at Murgh Makhani(butter chicken) and mutton vindaloo. With the butter chicken traditionally it uses bits of leftover tandooried chicken so that's how I do it. If anyone would like them I can post my tandoori marinade and Murgh Makhani recipes which we picked up from over there.

I'll raise my hand for those recipes, I would love to try and duplicate it for my dad who loves both.