Bacon flavored chesse

Started by cobra6223, February 17, 2014, 02:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra6223

Not sure the kind of cheese they used but the other night I was watching DDD on the food network and the guy had a smoked cheese that tasted like bacon. I was thinking I could use most any kind of kind of cheese but was wanting input on how to get the bacon flavor. Yhanks in advance for your help.
Tim

RedJada

There's a place by me where sometimes I can pick up smoked cheddar with bacon mixed it. Man, good stuff and awesome on burgers.

ragweed

I think Pensrock brought some smoked Cooper with bacon bits in it to the MWSO IV.  Like little muffins.  I think he posted it too, or Nepas did.  I'll see if I can find it. 

pensrock

You could try a good american cheese and add bacon to it. I never have cause I can get all the Cooper I want.  :D
But I think a good american cheese would work well, it would melt well it is a mild cheese so other flavors would go well with it. You can always get a couple pounds and add the bacon to 1 pound and if it does not turn out to your liking your not out much, then you can use the other pound for grilled smoked sandwiches or nachos. Both are great with smoked american cheese.

cobra6223

Thanks every one for the help. Pensrock do you smoke those little hockey pucks or just melt add let cool? Thanks Tim

pensrock

No I smoke the block of cheese first, let it set till it is ready to eat, them melt it and add whatever I want.