• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Welcome to Texas-Today vs Yesterday

Started by Saber 4, March 02, 2014, 06:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saber 4

In Texas we always say if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes and it will change, this weekend was a prime example. Saturday we went to a friend's ranch that has an old west style town that they use for summer camps and weddings for another friends BBQ birthday party. Weather sunny and 84 degree high's this is my Friend Judd cooking up some chicken for his own birthday party.

Some of the chicken quarters, we also had smoked ham, beans, slaw, potato salad, burgers and dogs.

Fast forward to this morning, thanks to our Canadian friends it was 31 and dropping in the morning so we hustled the hour and half south to home. We made it home about an hour before the thundersleet and thundersnow started.

The mules said they weren't real impressed with the snow and 21 degree temps and they want it to warm back up.

And a parting shot out the back window, of course the forecast is for a couple of days of this and then warm back up hopefully into the high 70's

Hopefully the A/C guy's will come finish installing the new A/C-Heat pump unit and I can put the space heaters away.

pensrock

Ain't that snow so nice looking? It should be like that all year round, don't ya think?  ;D ;D ;D

ragweed

Instead of whining, you should be smoking cheese.   :) :)

Smoke some

WoodlawnSmoker

Pretty strange wearing short sleeves one day and snow the next.  This has been a hell of a winter, we still have a couple of feet on the ground...enough.

seemore

That's sucks and I though -13 was bad. Sorry to hear about your bad weather
Seemore

kayes

I wish that was the extent of our winter snow and temp!
My name is Kayes, and I love meat.