• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Gummy Bear Brats

Started by Tenpoint5, March 23, 2014, 08:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Yeah your eyes aren't playing tricks on you I said GUMMY BEARS. When I told my friend what I was up to. He mentioned something about loosing my flippen mind!! He might have used different words. At the moment I don't remember where I seen this recipe and printed it off from. I was at work and it was early in the morning. The thing that sold this whole idea was a post that said "I've been served little smokies and meatballs with grape jelly on them!" I presented the idea to my daughter, who stated oh hell yeah make these Dad! It goes like this

5lbs Poke Butt
1/4 cup Bread Crumbs
2 Eggs
5 tsp Salt
1 cup Milk
1 1/2 tsp White Pepper
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Mace
1 cup Gummy Bears

Mix everything together, add in Gummy Bears, Stuff and Link off in 5-6 inch Links.

Just in case you think I'm kidding!!

Gummy Bear Brats on the Left. Sweet Italian on the Right

The kids just had to have them for supper tonight. So I grilled up 4 of them. Sorta ended up with Swiss Brats! Holes in my brats shaped like Gummy Bears. Great Brat flavor with pockets of sweetness in them.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Ka Honu

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on March 23, 2014, 08:59:37 PMHe might have used different words.
I know those words and probably would have used them myself.

KyNola

Quote from: Ka Honu on March 23, 2014, 09:08:43 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on March 23, 2014, 08:59:37 PMHe might have used different words.
I know those words and probably would have used them myself.
Ditto.  :)

Tenpoint5

If for nothing else it is a pretty good small batch Brat recipe!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SiFumar

ragweed

My Daddy taught me not to say I don't like something until I try it.  So...I'm gonna have to try this. 

River Rat

I am always amazed at the ideas that come from this forum. I can't wait to try this with my Grandson(smoker in training).  He's gonna love this!
River Rat
"Smoke On"

TMB

Yep, good thing you didn't say those words cause I thought you did loose your mind. But after you told me about what you were looking for it made sense.  I want to try the brat recipe by it's self cause that looks like a lot of your recipes (DANG GOOD) then I might toss a few gummies into the mix just to try.   
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

STLstyle

Wow! Major points in the creativity category that's for sure!

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo

NePaSmoKer

We will talk at Pat O's next month  ;)

Saber 4

You are enjoying the Dark Side for sure, best freeze some for the Smoke Out so we can all give them a try.

Ka Honu

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 24, 2014, 04:45:41 PM
We will talk at Pat O's next month  ;)

Anyone who goes to Pat O's deserves whatever damage a wheelbarrow ride can inflict.

cobra6223

Really Chris!! it's not the forum it's IOWA, very long cold winters with nothing to do but think of dumb ideas that turn out really great! Just like a celebration to the lowly night crawler, crazy how things work out. Well Chris keep up the work in your mad scientist lab it's fun to see the results.