I HAD TO TRY IT

Started by OldHickory, April 04, 2014, 02:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldHickory

So many great bread posts.  The only bread I have ever made is cornbread ( and over time, a lot of it. )  The juices started flowing sooooo.

Added grated mixed cheese, garlic salt, jalapenos, and tried Sandy's recipe for Crusty Bread.

Wow, this was the best bread I have had.  Thanks Sandy and all the others for the helpful posts.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

seb bot

That looks awesome, good job!

SiFumar

That loaf looks awesome for a first loaf!  Looks tasty!

beefmann

Saber 4

Great job, you'll be making more regularly for sure.

tailfeathers

Isn't a week goes by anymore that I don't make a loaf of crusty bread. Haven't bought a loaf of bread at the grocery store for quite some time, and don't plan to either. Nice job on the bread, and have fun experimenting on flavor variations.
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

renoman

Where did you get your baker and how much$$$ I cannot find one for under a 100 bucks.

Bugnut

Found the same one at Amazon for $44.80

renoman

$114.65 on amazon.ca  >:(
Amazon.com will not ship this to Canada.
I see Oldhickory is from BC so was wondering where he got his and how much he had to pay.
Did you Cross the border to get it?

Saber 4

Quote from: renoman on April 06, 2014, 06:27:23 AM
I see Oldhickory is from BC so was wondering where he got his and how much he had to pay.

Williams Sonoma has some Canadian stores that should carry or ship it up north. Not sure if that's what Hickory did for his though.

SiFumar

Quote from: renoman on April 06, 2014, 06:27:23 AM

OldHickory is from Creston, California. :-)  Which is near the central coast.

Salmonsmoker

You all are really making this tough on me! My wife is gonna SCREAM if the UPS guy shows up with another kitchen implement.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Gafala

Quote from: Salmonsmoker on April 06, 2014, 10:16:46 AM
You all are really making this tough on me! My wife is gonna SCREAM if the UPS guy shows up with another kitchen implement.

Mine is Screaming now for over a year, we have two kitchens, mine, and my wife's witch I also use.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

OldHickory

Quote from: renoman on April 06, 2014, 06:05:57 AM
Where did you get your baker and how much$$$ I cannot find one for under a 100 bucks.

renoman, I bought mine on line from Amazon about $44.00.  I live in Creston, Ca.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

pjplovedog

That's really a nice looking loaf.  Did you preheat the baker in the oven before putting the bread dough/batter in or did you put it into the baker without preheating it?  I do mine in a big coated cast iron pot that I preheat, but I would really like a baker that is more of a loaf shape vs. round. 
That's all I need- another excuse to shop on Amazon.   ::)
It's way too easy for a shopping hater to shop online these days.  :)
Paula