Smoked Chicken

Started by barbquebec, April 17, 2014, 01:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbquebec

Happy with the way this turned out... ;D
8)

Wildcat

Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

waycoolcat

I just bought two 6 pound birds for smoking this weekend. My supermarket doesn't seem to carry 3 or 4 pound birds. Anyway, yours look great and are my inspiration for this weekend. If you have time what were the weight and smoking/cooking time/temp for your birds? This will be my first whole chicken BBQ. I guess ultimately I'll have to go by IT.
I want to be a better carnivore!

barbquebec

Thanks Wildcat and waycoolcat...It's a 3lb chicken which I spatchcocked,rubbed and smoked in the BS712 @ PL03 (had a constant temp of 250*) for 1:30mins.... then finished in the oven for 20mins. @ 325*(reached 180* IT) 8)

Saber 4

Looks like you got plenty of smoke on that bird. :)

ragweed

When am I gonna learn not to look at your posts when I haven't eaten in a while?  Now I'm not just hungry, I'm starvin'!!  Very nice.  :) :)

Smoke some

looks real Good   I've only smoked chicken whole or pieces... going to have to try one spatchcocked soon....

WoodlawnSmoker

OldHickory

That chicken looks good, you did it right.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

barbquebec

...Thanks all...that's some of the tastiest chicken I've had...gotta love the Bradley... 8)

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

pjplovedog

That looks fabulous.  I did one on Easter Sunday also on the Bradley, which I brined for about two hours, then rubbed and smoked for about 2 hours.  I then threw mine in the Big Easy to finish and crisp up the skin.  It was a huge hit, and my family's eyes were rolling back in their heads.  I should have done 2 but I also had fresh King Salmon so I didn't need that much food. 
Yours looks fabulous.  Isn't that Bradley smoked chicken the bomb? 
Thanks for posting your pics. 
:)

barbquebec

Quote from: pjplovedog on April 29, 2014, 10:26:32 AM
That looks fabulous.  I did one on Easter Sunday also on the Bradley, which I brined for about two hours, then rubbed and smoked for about 2 hours.  I then threw mine in the Big Easy to finish and crisp up the skin.  It was a huge hit, and my family's eyes were rolling back in their heads.  I should have done 2 but I also had fresh King Salmon so I didn't need that much food. 
Yours looks fabulous.  Isn't that Bradley smoked chicken the bomb? 
Thanks for posting your pics. 
:)
Thanks pjplovedog...I hear ya...before I got the Bradley,I invited the guests...after getting the Bradley,I get requests! :) 8)

Smoker John

barbquebec, isn't that the truth, I get food requests also
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712