• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New Toy - Cuisinart CMG-105C

Started by BoxcarBetts, April 19, 2014, 06:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoxcarBetts

So I just picked up a Cuisinart CMG-105C, which is a Cuisinart branded Waring Pro. It was on the recommendation of a buddy of mine from Yellowknife who hunts a lot of all kinds of things and has used the Waring Pro for 6 or 7 years now with no troubles. Unfortunately, it does have plastic drive gears, but I figure that if I don't try to cram too much through it at once I should be okay. Anyone have any experience? Any reason why I should take it back before I even pull it out of the box? I got it at Canadian Tire for $129.  I might've been able to get it cheaper online, but I wanted it NOW dammit!
They say it's easier to quit heroin than it is to quit smoking!

cobra6223

cool...but lets see a pic of the bad boy

Saber 4

BoxcarBetts

All right, here it is. Fresh out of the box, but still not broken in.

Comes with 2 sausage nozzles, 3 grinding blades (I left the third one inside), a sweet pusher-downer thingy that could easily double as something to use if someone gets too close to your jerky, and a reverse function.  I can't wait to make my first batch. I think I'll have to find a recipe for some bangers since I can't seem to find them any at grocery store anymore.

Skishy

I have the Waring Pro version of that meat grinder. Its a nice machine for grinding meat. However, I have find that I can only grind the seasoned meat right into the sausage. I cant pre grind the sausage meat and then grind it a second time and then stuff into the sausage. The meat always seemed to get gummy way to fast. So I would recommend if you wanted to grind your meat and then stuff sausages then get yourself a designated sausage stuffer. Those are just my two cents.
"Hail to the King, baby!" - Bruce Campbell

2 - 4 rack OBS
1 - Brinkmann Pellet Smoker
1 - Masterbuilt Charcoal smoker

tailfeathers

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=22024 Check this out for sausage recipes. I have it bookmarked and look at it all the time. There is a recipe for english bangers along with many others.
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

CoreyMac

Quote from: BoxcarBetts on April 19, 2014, 06:35:59 PM
So I just picked up a Cuisinart CMG-105C, which is a Cuisinart branded Waring Pro. It was on the recommendation of a buddy of mine from Yellowknife who hunts a lot of all kinds of things and has used the Waring Pro for 6 or 7 years now with no troubles. Unfortunately, it does have plastic drive gears, but I figure that if I don't try to cram too much through it at once I should be okay. Anyone have any experience? Any reason why I should take it back before I even pull it out of the box? I got it at Canadian Tire for $129.  I might've been able to get it cheaper online, but I wanted it NOW dammit!

I have an older version of that same unit. It works really nice, way better than cranking a handle like I used to. Usually does 10lbs of shoulder in about 10 min- 15tops. I don't push it too hard.

One tip, don't put the aluminum parts in the dish washer. I did and they turned a nice grey color. No real problem
with them just don't look very nice. It is easier to clean them in the dish washer though. ;)

Second tip as stated, invest in a proper stuffer, the grinders never work. You are from Canada so hit your local Princess Auto for a stuffer, they are pretty reasonable there.

Corey

BoxcarBetts

I was checking out some of the gear at Princess Auto, which also happens to be a good place to buy 48-packs of bisquettes.  Maybe I should look a little more.

Skishy, do you also find that the meat gums up on the first pass if you grind directly into sausage casings? 

Skishy

I use this to stuff sausages but I just attach the horn right to the grinder plate, so I am only grinding the meat once right into the casings. Though it had gotten gummy and made a big mess on me on the second pass through. Which doesnt take long for the meat to warm up and get gummy, especially if you are spending some time stuffing sausage. I haven't gotten a dedicated sausage stuffer yet, but it is on the wishlist, especially so I can start making snack stix.
"Hail to the King, baby!" - Bruce Campbell

2 - 4 rack OBS
1 - Brinkmann Pellet Smoker
1 - Masterbuilt Charcoal smoker