Got a little bit of cheese to do today.

Started by pensrock, May 03, 2014, 07:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

I have 15 pounds of Cooper and 10 pounds of Cheddar Horseradish going in the Bradley this morning.
Tomorrow I will be doing four sticks of pepperoni to go with it.  :)

Cut into one pound chunks.

Going in for a few hours of apple smoke.

And NO this is not all for me.  ;D Most is for guys at work. I will be back later with finished pics.

Jim O

- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

tailfeathers

Go big or go home, eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

River Rat

Penstock,

Can you give me a little info on the pepperoni?  How long, type of wood.  I've got the cheese down pretty good, a little pepperoni to go with it sounds good.
River Rat
"Smoke On"

pensrock

QuoteCan you give me a little info on the pepperoni?  How long, type of wood.  I've got the cheese down pretty good, a little pepperoni to go with it sounds good.
Sure, First off I only use Hormel pepperoni. I have tried others but they just do not seem to be as good.
I cut mine into three 8" pieces and remove the outer casing. I have the smoker pre-heated to 130-135 F.
Then put them in with the smoke rolling for about three hours. I like to use apple wood.
This will remove a little of the grease but not too much to make it dry. And it is great as is or will make your pizza a whole different pie.
Before Christmas I have so many people that want it I have my cheese guy get me a whole case of pepperoni's to do.

I planned to do it tomorrow but after the cheese was done I decided to hurry up and get it in today. Good thing is I did get both the cheese and pepperoni done. But I was in a hurry so did not get any pictures of the finished product.

This is a picture of a pepperoni smoke I done before. This is five whole 2' long sticks I can fit much more in if I have to.

You will get a little grease drip down but not that much. I have one guy that wants me to do it a little hotter to get more of the grease out. I told him next time he wanted some let me know and I will give it a try. I just do not want to go too far and make it dry. So when that happens we'll see how it turns out. I'm thinking he wants pepperoni jerky which may not be that bad.  ;D

River Rat

Thanks so much. Looks like I have project for tomorrow! 
River Rat
"Smoke On"

Saber 4

You had a tasty and busy day for sure Greg.

pensrock

QuoteYou had a tasty and busy day for sure Greg.
Yes but it is now done and I can play a little. I'm making some Cooper/Bacon/Wild Leek this weekend.  :D

pensrock

QuoteThanks so much. Looks like I have project for tomorrow!
Your welcome. Let me know what you think of it. I have not heard anyone not like it yet.  :)

Saber 4

Quote from: pensrock on May 05, 2014, 01:48:06 PM
QuoteYou had a tasty and busy day for sure Greg.
Yes but it is now done and I can play a little. I'm making some Cooper/Bacon/Wild Leek this weekend.  :D

Oh that sounds so good, never ran across any wild leek before I have to settle for the store bought

River Rat

Pensrock,

I followed your directions and it turned out great. It's a keeper!!
River Rat
"Smoke On"

pensrock

QuoteOh that sounds so good, never ran across any wild leek before I have to settle for the store bought.
Wild leeks are very different that tame ones. One thing is if everyone else is eating them but you..... it will smell pretty bad but all you need to do is take a bite then you do not notice the smell.  ;D

QuoteI followed your directions and it turned out great. It's a keeper!!
So happy it came out good for you, now just wait till you try some on homemade pizza.  :)