Generator Only Lasted 2 Smokes????

Started by Bneena, May 10, 2014, 09:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bneena

Our generator doesnt go past 200 and the puck shoot is broken too. Only after 2 uses....what gives!

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Bneena;

Sorry to welcome you to the forum in this manner.

You haven't provided details of the problem, so it is difficult to provide help. Such as how big of a load were you smoking/cooking, what were you using to monitor the temperature - the Bradley readout/temperature gauge or a temperature probe, vent opening etc. It is not clear what you mean by the puck shoot. Are you referring to the rail guide, on which the bisquettes travel to the burner, or the feeder tube.

Customer service is not available until Monday during regular business hours. In the meantime you may want to check out the below link for some troubleshooting tips. You may be able to get your smoker up and running this weekend, before giving Bradley a call.
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

It sounds like your heating element in the tower may not be heating properly.  Is it glowing red?  If not firmly reseat the power jumper cord that goes from the smoke generator to the tower.

Also, which Bradley Smoker do you have?

Habs asks some valid questions as well.  The more information you can provide to us the better we may be able to help you.

Bneena

Hi,
Thanks for the interest in helping, my apologies for being so vague. I bought the 4 rack digital smoker for my husband and he was so exited to receive it and now it seems like all we have is a $500 hunk a junk.
Im referring to the railguide which the bisquetts travel to the burner. Also, the temp guage, which Im guessing is the readout guage as it is digital, does not climb temp either on the readout guage or even inside the smoker itself. We had borrowed a Smoke Generator from a buddy who has the exact same model  and it worked perfectly. Bradley said they don't send out new smoke generators, so the sent us new heating element (which we are waiting for in the mail) so hopefully that works??
We are very excited to start smoking and its been agonizing that we have to wait!!!
:)

Habanero Smoker

When you reassemble the generator, it would be a good time to check all wire connections, and make sure they are secure.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

I am completely confused now.  Does your whole issue center around the bisquette burner not working along with the digital display?  If the display is not working correctly, how did you determine your Bradley would not exceed 200?  The heating element inside of the tower is working correctly?

I am betting you have one or more loose connections inside the generator.  Try this, remove the generator from the tower and turn the generator upside down.  You will find 8 screws around the perimeter of the bottom.  Remove them.  Leave the others in place.  Your generator will now open clamshell style.  This will not void your warranty.  Check each connection and make sure they are all firmly seated.  Put it all back together again and see if it works now.