Pickeled Asparagus

Started by OldHickory, May 13, 2014, 03:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldHickory

My wife pickles and cans these beauties, and I really love them.  They make a good swizzle in a Bloody Mary too.

Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

tskeeter

Oh, my.  Are those ever pretty.

I wonder what one of those spears would taste like wrapped in a little cured hog belly and grilled until crispy.

OldHickory

Quote from: tskeeter on May 13, 2014, 03:16:58 PM
Oh, my.  Are those ever pretty.

I wonder what one of those spears would taste like wrapped in a little cured hog belly and grilled until crispy.

"GOOD"
Char-Broil SRG
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

tailfeathers

I love asparagus any old way you prepare it, but pickled is one of my favorites and those look perfect! I haven't made any for a while now, but I used to make gallon jars with a mixture of pickled eggs, asparagus and 2-3" sections of deer sticks and man was that good. Some onion slices, garlic cloves and jalapenos as well. Shoot, I'm fixing to drool on myself. See what you started?
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Saber 4

That looks good, I've got a buddy that would finish those 5 jars in about a day.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Saber 4 on May 13, 2014, 09:07:02 PM
That looks good, I've got a buddy that would finish those 5 jars in about a day.

Yes I would!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Jim O

They look great ! Will she share her recipe ?
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

Saber 4

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 14, 2014, 02:24:58 AM
Quote from: Saber 4 on May 13, 2014, 09:07:02 PM

Yes I would!

Make that 2 buddies that would devour them. :D ;)

pensrock

QuoteMake that 2 buddies that would devour them. :D ;)
OK Guilty as charged.  ;)

OldHickory

Quote from: Jim O on May 14, 2014, 04:13:35 AM
They look great ! Will she share her recipe ?

Here you go Jim:

As I noted, she omits #7  and uses the food saver to vacuum pack while it is still warm-hot.  The hard part is waiting until it's ready.  We are eating some now that she did last year, and they are great.
Char-Broil SRG
Pit Barrel Smoker

tailfeathers

That's what I was thinking, might seem like the longest 2-1/2 to 3 months in history. I have enough problem waiting a month for cheese!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!