meatball sauce

Started by manfromplaid, May 17, 2014, 09:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromplaid

going to a potluck today. smoking up 5 lbs. of meatballs, would like to have a BBQ sauce to dip or pour as an add on. a mixed crowd so not to sweet or hot. any ideas would be welcome  thanks 
jeff

pensrock

One sauce we like to use for meatball appetizers or slices of sausage is: Take a jar of pepper jelly and melt it down and add some brown mustard to taste. Its really easy and good.

tailfeathers

Never tried it with meatballs, but I think you could dip a dog turd in 10.5's Bulldog sauce and it would be pretty tasty!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

manfromplaid

digging thru the pantry i found a couple of dip/jelly's that we just never got around to. gourmet delight red chile dip-used 300g and a sensations cranberry and port  used 75g  low heat to blend and it gives a light lingering heat with a touch of sweet. swmbo thinks it will be perfect :)
jeff

SiFumar

Sounds good....let us know how pot luck went!

manfromplaid

all went well got rave reviews on the meatballs and lots of folks came up to ask about the smoking process. a couple of guys stated that they watch the smoking and bbq shows on the tube and wanted to give it a try,after the taste test from the meatballs they have decided to spend their allowance on a new bradley.   made me feel good to know they enjoyed the food.
jeff