• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First try at Hard Cure Salami

Started by Gafala, June 20, 2014, 07:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gafala

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on June 26, 2014, 06:23:32 PM
Now that is some good looking mold there. They might come up missing as we get closer to that 70 day mark!

I don't think so, some one would need to get by security a four legged dog that loves sausages as much as I do, she would guard that cabinet with her life. HeHe
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Saber 4

Quote from: Gafala on June 26, 2014, 08:08:14 PM
Now that is some good looking mold there. They might come up missing as we get closer to that 70 day mark!

I don't think so, some one would need to get by security a four legged dog that loves sausages as much as I do, she would guard that cabinet with her life. HeHe

I wouldn't be surprised if 10.5 showed up with some sausage bribes for the security department. ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Saber 4 on June 27, 2014, 06:34:15 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if 10.5 showed up with some sausage bribes for the security department. ;D

I got past the Sausage Gnome that guards Nepas's recipe vault once! I can past a puppy 8)
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Gafala

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on June 27, 2014, 06:48:53 PM
Quote from: Saber 4 on June 27, 2014, 06:34:15 PM

I got past the Sausage Gnome that guards Nepas's recipe vault once! I can past a puppy 8)

This is not a puppy she is a 75lb border collie very protective of her house. HeHe
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

rajzer

That mold coat is perfect, especially since it is the first product in your chamber.  It is quite common for wild molds to also attach themselves in a new cabinet before the Penicillium nalgiovense establishes itself.  Get well so that you can enjoy that salami in a couple of weeks.