More cheese

Started by pensrock, June 21, 2014, 10:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pensrock

Smoking some cheese for guys at work today. Smoker is running at 80 F. 3 hours of apple.
Top rack is 5 pounds of Clearfield pepper cheese, some sliced the rest in blocks.
Second rack down is 8 pounds of Swiss.
Bottom two racks is 10 pounds of Cooper.
Have 3 sticks of pepperoni going in next. :)
Wanted to get this done before my surgery on Thursday. Not sure when I'll feel well enough after then to do some smoking.

Jim O

Good luck on the surgery !
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

pensrock

Saber 4

Those guy's at work will be happy, I hope all goes well on your surgery and you can get back on your feet quickly Greg.

tailfeathers

Been there, done that!! Best wishes on a speedy recovery and getting back in the game!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

waycoolcat

Pensrock, I'm actually off work now for four weeks from surgery on my wrist. I'm smoking more than ever! My fiancé is actually helping me with turning my 5 lb. pork bellies over. I hope yours goes well and you get back to smoking ASAP.
I want to be a better carnivore!

ragweed

Good luck to you Thursday, Greg.  I've got 10 lbs of my own Cooper set to smoke Tuesday. (Coolest morning this week)  Gonna make sure I turn it this time.  ;)  Thanks for introducing me to this great cheese...Joe

pensrock

Thank you everyone for the good wishes. Its getting close now. But once its over with I'm sure it will be worth it.

KyNola

Greg, just read where your surgery is Thursday.  Best of luck to you and hope recovery is swift and painless my friend.

pensrock

pensrock

Just an update in case anyone stops in to follow this thread.
Had a doctors appt. Monday and they said my kidney function tests came back very high and cannot do the operation till this is resolved. Problem is we do not know yet what the problem is, I had a large kidney stone a few weeks ago and they were trying to dissolve it. Right now nothing passed and who knows how big it still is or where it is. Need to wait for the insurance to approve another CT scan. But we still do not know if this is the problem, can be many other things as well. I'm really hoping I do not end up in dialysis cause the big reason for the operation was to help control my severe diabetes which is real bad on the liver and kidneys. So for now, I'm staying at work till I hear something and do not know when I will be able to reschedule the operation. It is so frustrating, I have been working real hard for over 8 months to get everything set for the operation and now 2 days before it is to happen it gets cancelled. But I guess its better now than to have my kidneys shut down during the operation.
Sorry for going on about it but I needed to vent a little.  :-\

waycoolcat

Pensrock I'm so sorry to hear you having to go through this stress and frustration. I really don't know what to say, other than I hope it gets resolved soon and you're feeling better. Hang in their friend.
I want to be a better carnivore!

tailfeathers

I'll be sending some prayers on your behalf. I know all too well how frustrating medical issues can be. Stay positive!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

River Rat

Thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep your head up. Anytime you need to vent just PM me and I'll be there. Stay strong!
River Rat
"Smoke On"

pensrock

Thanks guys... I feel like I'm on a roller coaster. Up then down.  Hope they figure something out soon. :)