Woo Hoo! 55* in July!

Started by ragweed, July 15, 2014, 10:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragweed

A nice little cool from came through Nebraska last night.  This morning I awoke to 55* F temperatures.  That means time to smoke some cheese.  I had 5 lbs of Cooper that a friend had brought me from his trip through Pennsylvania.  Thanks Gary.  Two hours of Apple pucks plus a little ice and a box temp of 83 - 89* F.  Not bad color and the aroma while it was blooming brought the dogs from upstairs to my downstairs kitchen abegging!

Now I won't feel so bad about bringing some of my Cooper stash to the MWSO V.

tskeeter

Trade ya.

Made it to 105F here yesterday.  At 5,000 feet, on the edge of the Sierras.  Thank God it isn't humid.  But, the chickens are laying precooked eggs this week.

ragweed

Quote from: tskeeter on July 15, 2014, 11:19:10 AM
Trade ya.

Made it to 105F here yesterday.  At 5,000 feet, on the edge of the Sierras.  Thank God it isn't humid.  But, the chickens are laying precooked eggs this week.

If they're hard boiled, peal them and smoke them with 2hrs of hickory.......and lots of ice in the box ;) ;) ;)

seemore

Nice you putting anything in it ? Sure is nice temps outside they say upper 40 for tonight I will need a blanket
Seemore

ragweed

Quote from: seemore on July 15, 2014, 04:39:40 PM
Nice you putting anything in it ? Sure is nice temps outside they say upper 40 for tonight I will need a blanket
Seemore

I thought I'd try to make something like Pens brought last year.  I'll put some Hillbilly bacon with it.

Saber 4

Quote from: ragweed on July 16, 2014, 06:10:44 PM
Quote from: seemore on July 15, 2014, 04:39:40 PM
Seemore

I thought I'd try to make something like Pens brought last year.  I'll put some Hillbilly bacon with it.

Sounds good, can't wait to see everyone again.

pensrock

Looks good Joe. Hillbilly bacon will be great in it. If I get time I may be sending a care package to the smoke out for you guys to sample.  :)

Saber 4

Quote from: pensrock on July 17, 2014, 09:23:08 AM
If I get time I may be sending a care package to the smoke out for you guys to sample.  :)

Now that's a good start but nothing as good as if you actually got to come this year my friend. :)

pensrock

QuoteNow that's a good start but nothing as good as if you actually got to come this year my friend. :)
Thank you, I really wanted to be there but too many health issues this year. And we are swamped at work right now, I have over 60 hours in this week already and will most likely work all weekend. Have a couple big important jobs to try to finish and I'm helping with the programming and debugging. I have a pretty good idea what I want to send out now just need the time to get it done and sent.  :)