Cedar Planked Salmon

Started by oguard, July 31, 2006, 12:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oguard

Just got back from Salmon fishing on Friday.On saturday night decided to try planking some chinook.Wow what a great taste :P.I soaked the planks for about 4 hours and then dusted the fillets with some lemon pepper.45 minutes later it was ready(the fillets were quite thick 1" to 1 1/2' thick).Nothing like fresh salmon and cold beer.Make sure you have a spray bottle full of water the planks do flare up a little bit.

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

iceman

That is a really tasty way to do salmon. We had a contractor in the neighborhood doing some cedar fencing and I ended up with a pile of cut offs just right for salmon. I ran them through the planer to smooth them up. It beat paying for them in the hardware store. Cold beers and fresh salmon is a combo hard to beat. :P

OmegaMan

Funny how this topic just came up.  My sister in law just gave me three planks for my birthday and I've been wondering how to break them in. 

The spray bottle is a great tip.  Thanks for sharing and if you have any more ideas on how to use them I would love to hear them...

Patrick