Big Chief user from Kamloops BC

Started by SMOKESKULL, December 08, 2014, 06:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMOKESKULL

Been smoking with a big chief for years with decent results. I smoke a lot of fish in the summer at the lake, but would like to smoke more at home. At the lake i am tied to the trailer when i am smoking a batch of fish, plus on cold rainy days the process takes 12 hours and lots of visits chevking. Looking to upgrade as i am interested in cold smokeing as well. I am on a budget, but what would you recomend? Canadian tire has a model on sale for $299.00 right now. Will that do the job? Not sure if its an old model on not?

http://m.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/bradley-original-4-rack-electric-smoker-0780026p.html
People say my smoke trout is the best smoked fish they have ever eaten, i just use dry salt and demmerara sugar for 24 hours and lots of hickory or mesquite chips. Not a huge fan of smoked fish but i love catching smoking and giving them away.

Quarlow

Do you have any Save-on more points. They usually have the Bradley in there. That is how I got mine. I think it was a Hundred thousand points.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

SMOKESKULL

I shop at Superstore now. At one time I shop at Overwaitea, kinda pricey now. There meat dept blows me away. Who can afford there regualr priced beef? Talk about sticker shock. Thank goodness for S/S and Costco.

Quarlow

I just never trust the meat at superstore. I don't like the way they handle there meat and I especially don't like the condition of the fresh seafood tanks. Might just be my paranoia but I hate food poisoning. Had it too many times.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.