ABT's

Started by Jim O, December 21, 2014, 05:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim O

Had a small (6 people) dinner party last nite,so I thought I'd throw some ABT's on as an appetizer . Did about 27 jalapinos split lengthwise,with 2 hrs hickory,and cooked for 2.5 hrs at 220#. My wife and I were able to have 2 each,before they were gone! Guess I'll do more next time.
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: Jim O on December 21, 2014, 05:40:17 AM
Had a small (6 people) dinner party last nite,so I thought I'd throw some ABT's on as an appetizer . Did about 27 jalapinos split lengthwise,with 2 hrs hickory,and cooked for 2.5 hrs at 220#. My wife and I were able to have 2 each,before they were gone! Guess I'll do more next time.

They're a big seller here too, Jim. So simple to make, but Oh so good!
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

pensrock

You can never make enough ABT's. :)

tailfeathers

I am wondering if there is a way of making these up ahead of time and reheating them? I would like to bring some to a Christmas gathering for my family but there will be no way of making them at the time of the gathering. I will have an oven or a microwave available. Has anyone made them in advance and reheated to serve? If so with what result? Thanks in advance!
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Jim O

I once had some left over after a party,and just had them "cold" the next day. They were quite good,I think (was a good party )!!
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

ragweed

Quote from: tailfeathers on December 21, 2014, 08:11:51 AM
I am wondering if there is a way of making these up ahead of time and reheating them? I would like to bring some to a Christmas gathering for my family but there will be no way of making them at the time of the gathering. I will have an oven or a microwave available. Has anyone made them in advance and reheated to serve? If so with what result? Thanks in advance!

I would think 12-15 sec in the microwave would bring them back to their original goodness. Works for me on stuffed mushrooms.  The time mentioned in the MW is for frig stored, frozen would of course, take longer.

tailfeathers

I would be making them the day before and refrigerating so I think I'll give it shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Habanero Smoker

If made a few days before, and are refrigerated  they reheat well. If frozen I get various results, because a lot depends on what you mix in with the cream cheese.

For large quantities the oven works best. I place them on a cookie sheet and reheat them in a 325°F oven. The microwave works well, though you have  to turn them halfway through the cooking time.  I find I need to rotate them so the sides that face the walls are turned inward; after the first 15 seconds. The time depends on the microwave wattage, size of the peppers, what it is stuffed with, and how many you are microwaving at one time, but I generally cook for 15 seconds sessions, turn and hit it with another 15 seconds. If it needs more time, I start with 5 seconds sessions, turning each time.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

dave01

I haven't tried the ABTs yet, guess I will soon enough

Salmonsmoker

Quote from: dave01 on December 21, 2014, 02:50:00 PM
I haven't tried the ABTs yet, guess I will soon enough

Once you do, you'll wonder what took you so long to make them.
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

WoodlawnSmoker

I'm a newcomer to these and love them, we'll often do a small batch while I'm smoking something else for snacks.  We have reheated often, no problems at all.  I prefer to reheat in the oven, better control of the heat.