• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Complete noob in Baton Rouge La. what smoker do i need?

Started by Crimsongost, December 26, 2014, 08:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crimsongost

Like the title says COMPLETE NOOB. I do not have any smoker yet. I have been looking at the 4 rack digital but in doing a lot of reading i see the original smoker might be a better choice. I have never smoked anything in my life (insert all your jokes here) so this is all going to be completely new to me. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Mitchell

blkdth

I'm new myself but have been researching a lot over the last year and bought myself an original and plan to pick up a pid box for it  :)
Gl and happy smoking

dave01

Welcome to the forum. I have a 6 rack digital but I would probably buy the original and look at a PID down the road

tailfeathers

Quote from: dave01 on December 26, 2014, 10:46:37 PM
Welcome to the forum. I have a 6 rack digital but I would probably buy the original and look at a PID down the road
x2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

ragweed

My next Bradley will be a BS611, New Original Bradley Smoker.  But my "Old" Original Bradley Smoker is going strong after 6 years and the PID I added keeps the temps at +/- 2* F.

beefmann

id get the  4  rack

other  items
a maverick et  732 thermometer
a stock od bisquets various flavors untill you  find  what you  like

in the  future
an  auber  pid  temp  contorller

TedEbear

dman4505

welcome
unless you plan on doing a lot of sausage or have a large family to cook for the 4 rack would be plenty
also I'm partial to the "Original", it's so easy to use

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Quarlow

Quote from: tailfeathers on December 27, 2014, 05:06:32 AM

Quote from: dave01 on December 26, 2014, 10:46:37 PM
x2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
x3
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.