It's Here!

Started by David6340, July 16, 2004, 02:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David6340

After pestering everybody on this board for the last couple of weeks with questions concerning BS vs Weber, I finally made the decision and picked my BS up yesterday in preperation for a weekend of smoking. I've already seasoned it. My question is that I want to start with back ribs. Any suggestions for a good recipe? We like them with sauce, sort of that baked in look, instead of dry. Now what probably is a stupid question but when you advance the wood "pucks", how long do you hold the button in regards to positioning the puck properly? Once again, thanks for all of your help.

Dave[:)]

Bassman

Congratulations David on your new smoker. I'm sure you will be like the rest of us and love your smoker![:D]As far as recipes there is a thread under meats on ribs. Concerning the button, just push it and release it and watch the magic begin![:D]Be sure to post your results with the ribs[:p]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

ChefJeff

Welcome, Hold in the button until a puck advances & do it again to advance another puck,& one more time to advance the first puck onto the heating element.After that they will advance every 20 min.if you have the Bubba Pucks they should be put in last and thhey will advance the last puck onto the heating element.Smoke the ribs using a dry rub (4-6hrs.)some do not use smoke the whole time others do.Apply the sauce before serving.It is all personal prefrence there is really no way it must be done.

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

ChefJeff

Welcome, Hold in the button until a puck advances & do it again to advance another puck,& one more time to advance the first puck onto the heating element.After that they will advance every 20 min.if you have the Bubba Pucks they should be put in last and thhey will advance the last puck onto the heating element.Smoke the ribs using a dry rub (4-6hrs.)some do not use smoke the whole time others do.Apply the sauce before serving.It is all personal prefrence there is really no way it must be done.

SMOKIN & SPOKEN