• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hi from an AZ Newbie

Started by AZMike, June 02, 2015, 07:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZMike

Brand new, always wanted to learn to smoke, and ordered the 6 rack digital.  Curious about any books, or resources I should look into getting. Also, any good info on the best chips to use per meat type.  May very well be on this site, but thought I would ask. Thanks all! 

Habanero Smoker

Hi AZMike;

Welcome to the forum.

The forum has a wealth of information, so please take the time to search around. Recommendations on books could vary widely depending on what you are into, barbecue, curing, sausage etc.. There is a specific cookbook for the Bradley, "The Bradley Smoker Cookbook", but initial reviews are poor. If you are into barbecue, there are several books on the market, my favorites, at this time are Chris Hart's "Wicked Good Barbecue", and Melissa Cookston's "Smoking In The Boy's Room". Most of those recipes can be adapted for the Bradley. Also the following links may be useful.

Old's Place (Recipe Site)
Bradley FAQ's
Referrence Books
Bisquette Flavors

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

piratey

Welcome to the forum.  The recipe site is where I go to for ideas about smoking.

RedJada

welcome AZMike, this is a good place for help and advice. What part of AZ are you? I was born and raised in Tempe. Now in NE Ohio.

Rodsmachineshop

hi i am from az also parker az

AZMike

Thanks all, and great info Habanero. I live in Gilbert AZ close to Phoenix. Actually I have done a bit of smoking on my Weber bullet, but this will be much more fun and controlled. Planning on a brisket soon, and looking at recipes.

Rodsmachineshop

to me a  brisket is about the most easy to smoke . i have 10 pounds of chicken and to big rib eye roasted i am smoking tomorrow. just always when smoking chicken and beef at the same time put the beef on top racks so no contamination from chicken  dripping on your beef .