Venison Anyone?

Started by Namylevets, November 30, 2015, 01:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Namylevets

Just bought my Christmas present - 4 rack, stainless Digital for a steal....$299.00 @ Cabelas.   Wife is making me wait till Christmas to use it. :(.
I used to smoke with a Brinkman charcoal unit and loved it but the babysitting was too much.  This Digital unit seems like the perfect ticket to get back into it.   Can't wait.   Figured I'd do a little research while waiting.

Now....Does anyone smoke Venison?   Was amazed nothing returned after searching "venison".  Any tips, recipes, etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

watchdog56

Most people make venison sausage. Never tried doing chops or anything. One nice thing is now that you have a smoker give it a try and let us know how it turns out. What your smoke time and temps were and what you used for a recipe. When it comes to vent position I have mine aid open all the time. You need to get the moisture out otherwise it will keep your temps down.

TedEbear

Quote from: Namylevets on November 30, 2015, 01:50:21 PM

Now....Does anyone smoke Venison?   Was amazed nothing returned after searching "venison".  Any tips, recipes, etc would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Hi, Steve. What search method did you use?  I just tried the one at the top of this page and it returned a list of 30 discussions that involve venison.

Also, there are a couple of venison recipes over on the Bradley user recipe site.  Look in the Sausage section.

Our Time Tested and Proven Recipes

Namylevets

I tried the one above too.   Hmmm.   Thanks

rooster85

I just smoked a few shoulder roasts last week. I used Jans rub and they came out fantastic! Do so searches on here, recipes will come up. Good luck!