Short power cord

Started by 07Midnight, December 15, 2015, 06:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

07Midnight

New guy here! Does the short power cord control the smoke?

KyNola

The short power cord runs from the smoke generator to the tower.  The purpose is to carry power to the heating element in the tower.

07Midnight

How do I turn smoke off? But leave heat on?

Toker

What model do you have? If The new Original BS611, it is impossible unless you have a PID controller.

Tiny Tim

Quote from: 07Midnight on December 15, 2015, 11:58:09 AM
How do I turn smoke off? But leave heat on?

Keep the bisquettes off the burner plate or out of the stacking chute.

07Midnight

Thanks for the heads up. Will clear the tube! Smoking my first batch of elk sausage!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: 07Midnight on December 15, 2015, 04:15:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Will clear the tube! Smoking my first batch of elk sausage!

You can closely determine how much smoke to apply by adding only the bisquettes you need. That way you won't have to remove any from the tube. Each bisquette burns for approximately 20 minutes, so for each one hour of smoke you used 3 bisquettes; 1 hour = 3 bisquettes; 2 hours = 6 bisquettes etc. Once you determine how many bisquettes you need for the amount of hours you want to smoke, add an additional 2 bisquettes. Those 2 bisquettes are used to push the last bisquette that will be on the burner; while the two additional bisquettes will remain on the rail guide. You can also use two or three Bubba Pucks; which I believe people are now calling them Puck Savers, instead of the 2 additional bisquettes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)