1st bradley smoker question on puck advancement

Started by MNice, February 27, 2016, 09:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNice

Hi, 

My Wife got me a Bradley smoker for Christmas finally got a warm enough day and time to season it. 

So per the instructions I plugged it in and and turned on to preheat the burner,  after 20 minutes I set the temp to half way and pushed the advance puck button the motor hummed and the puck advanced about 4-5 inches (about and inch past the hopper) but still about 4-5 inches from the end of the "gang plank" over the water bowl. 

at this rate it looks like it will take about 3 - 4 pucks before the 1st one will fall.  My question is;  Is this normal? I've never used on before,  I can't see how it would do it any other way,  but yet as I type this there is two puck on "deck" but neither are smoking  it looks as though the heating element is right over the water bowl so the next puck will advance the first over it. 

It seems to heating fine,  and is advancing the puck out, I just want to make sure it's working as designed.  I tried searching for a similar question but didn't see one.  so anyway any help someone can offer would be great. 

MNice

cathouse willy

It's working as designed. When I load pucks I put two on the gang plank and the rest in the hopper and turn on the smoke gen. After 10-15 mins warm up time I advance the pucks once and that puts a puck on the now hot burner plate.Hope this helps
Bill

MNice

Thanks for the reply,  it makes total sense now.  It just was when the 1st come out and stopped and I thought great now what.  But it's working fine it's now burning the 2nd puck with lots of great smoke billowing out,  and running at about 180 degrees with the temp control at the half way mark.

thanks again for the help

MNice

Habanero Smoker

I will preheat my bisquette burner and cabinet without the bisquettes loaded. Once the cabinet is at the temperature I want it, I then load my bisquettes, and push the advance button three times to move the first bisquette to the burner. At the end of the smoke there will be two bisquettes sitting on the guide rail. To resolve this problem many of us use Bubba Pucks, now frequently called bisquette savers. A search will Bubba Puck will explain what they are.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)