What your opinion of this reveo

Started by icerat4, August 15, 2006, 12:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icerat4

Hey guys looking at this reveo .This machine is on the list.Anyone on this machine good bad buy dont buy.Thanks for any help . ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Phone Guy

There are experts here. Several Members have one of these. I do not. I do think it's a good product for small batches of whatever. Jerky etc. Marinating steaks...

nsxbill

I used to sell them, and in order to get a few at a good price for everyone, became a dealer.  I use it about 2x a week, and it is great.  It will easily vacuum marinate about 6lbs of meat and improve the flavor significantly.  I have a big Hobart vacuum marinator tumbler that does 30# when I am moved to do briskets, ribs or butt in quantity, but the Reveo is just too convenient to use to not use it when I can.  Everyone sampling the results raves about the taste.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Habanero Smoker

Bill,
Good to see you posting again. I was getting a little concerned.

IceRat4;
I purchased one from Bill, I've only have the oportunity to use it a few times. Soon I will be able to use it on a regular basis. When I used it, it worked great marinating fish, chops and chicken (both whole and parts) in a very short time. As Bill states it will handle about 6 pounds of meat (though rated at 5 pounds). I've been thinking about boning a small butt, and attempting to marindade it to make some Cuban style pulled pork. That may be my next project.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

asa

Can this be used in curing? Any time advantage gained by using it with a cure?
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

Kummok

I also bought one from Bill....the cost v.s benefit ratio is weighted heavily in favor of the benefit. We use it weekly and find that our "old" marinated meat recipes have been given new life! Wouldn't be without one and owe Bill greatly for getting one waaaaay up here to us. I also had the chance to deal with the Reveo folks due to a cracked lid....amazing service, just like Bradley!

winemakers

Bill,

Is there any chance you will be making another bulk reveo buy soon?  It's time for a new toy.

mld

Oldman

QuoteBill,
Good to see you posting again. I was getting a little concerned.
Me TOO~~! I was thinking that since he lost all of that weight he was out with the Ladies all night and had given up on smokin'!

What impressed me the most about the Reveo was how it pulled the blood out of chicken thighs.....

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

nsxbill

I'm sorry about not being able to post like I used to.  My job now entails working nights and commuting about 3.5 hours a day is part of that.  Lots of things have gone to the way-side.... posting up is one of them.  I find time, when I can, to check-in. 

Currently, not out and about with the ladies, but spending more time at home with THE LADY in that hectic day-to-day schedule + trying to find time to get in my hour a day swim.   All of this hopefully about to change.  I am applying for local work, and hopefully will get a job that is only 15 min away  working doing case management or advocacy for a large HMO that is located in El Dorado Hills...just over the hill from my house. 

Not doing much smoking (GASP), but I do use my Reveo at least a couple of times a week, and it is everything people rave about. I decided not sell them anymore because they are fair-traded (supposedly), but everyone sells them for less on Ebay.  The company was supposed to protect their vendors, but doesn't, so I just opted out.

Maybe Kirk or Jeff would like to add this item to their websites and offer to the public.  I just don't have time right now to focus on selling these any longer.  There are some posted right now on Ebay: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=reveo&category0=

For those interested, the stomach surgery I had changed my life.  I am down about 160#, but the downside, if there is such a thing for that kind of life-changing event, is that I just can't eat like I used to...therefore, the only time I have been smoking meat is when company is coming.  It is hard to see everyone enjoying my renderings, but when doing ribs, can only eat one, or pork butt, can only have about a half of a sandwich, and I feel like I am going to burst.  It is an easy price to pay given the time it will probably extend my life, however.

Best wishes to everyone, and will check in regularly and throw something in once in awhile.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

icerat4

Thanks bill and good luck to ya. ;)

iceman

Good to hear from you Bill
This work thing is getting to us all. Hope things settle down for you.

nsxbill

So Icerat  is that your picture?  You look just like a blonde David Hasselhoff - I know most think Spade, but!!!

Bill

icerat4

Yea bill im a real cutie.LOL ;D. YA gota love spade he is funny in the movie tommy boy.If you have time rent or buy it bill its a classic.Take care ;)

car54

I just bought one (for myself) but I decided to give it to my wife for a present. She fell for it. It has been used 4 times in the 3 weeks we have had it. My wife seems to like it and has plans for further use,

Brad

nsxbill

I do steaks more than anything else, but love to cut up pork loin into nice thick chops.

Try for steak

2  Filets
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 Soy or Teriyaki Sauce
4 tsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 Tbsp. Dry parsley
4-5 garlic cloves crushed
1 Tbsp. Seasoning Spice (I use a paprika/hot pepper sauce)

Tumble under pressure for 15 minutes and cook rare on the grill

OUCH!

Bill