• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Morton smoked sugar cure for ham and bacon

Started by iceman, August 16, 2006, 02:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Has anyone tried the Morton Smoked Sugar Cure for bacon and ham? I saw it next to the Tender Quick in Safeway today. I didn't have time to read the back of the package to see what it can cure. It looked like it only came in a 5 pound bag size.

whitetailfan

Sorry Ice, I only use tenderquik (so far).  Check out their website they show all their products.  Watch out for the word smoke in the name.  If memory serves, they have 2 cures and then a smoked version of the cures which has artificial smoke flavour in it.  Something I would not want to have, because I want to be in control of all the smoke flavour of whatever meat I'm creating.
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

MallardWacker

Quote from: whitetailfan on August 16, 2006, 02:47:15 PM
...  Watch out for the word smoke in the name....Something I would not want to have, because I want to be in control of all the smoke flavour of whatever meat I'm creating.

WORD to the guy that has Fantasies of White rear-ends.....

OR

Like the guy in the "RED STRIPE BEER" commercials would probably say:

"BOOOO...to the artificial smoke   HOOORAAAAY....(Put your favorite beverage here)

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

iceman

Quote from: MallardWacker on August 24, 2006, 01:49:12 PM

"BOOOO...to the artificial smoke   HOOORAAAAY....(Put your favorite beverage here)
MW, I talked to a few folks who have used this stuff before. They had nothing to say about it............although they did make some weird groaning noises and had they're mouths covered.......oh and they were pointing to the bathroom. What ever could this mean Man of Buckshot??? ??? :D ;D

Dougsts

I recently mis ordered a bag of that from Butcher & Packer,, thought i was ordering the regular sugar cure,, i have no idea what im going to do with it.  Figure it would be like using liquid smoke or something.