New Bradley Original Smoker Problem

Started by shadtriplett, January 28, 2017, 05:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadtriplett

I just purchased today a brand new original smoker. Brought it home and put it together only to find that it does not work.

1.  Tower element inoperable.
2.  Will not advance the pucks

It will however heat the pucks. That is the only thing that seems to work. 

I plugged the tower in direct to wall outlet and the tower element will then heat up.

Any suggestions other that returning it?  It's about a 85 mile round trip.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TedEbear

Be sure that the cord between the smoke generator and tower is FIRMLY seated.  New cords are tight and sometimes hard to plug in all the way.

A wire inside the smoke generator may have vibrated loose during shipping.  If you feel up to it, you can remove the cover off the smoke generator and check that all wires are secure.  It will not void your warranty.

Hope it was something minor and you can get it working.   :)

shadtriplett

Quote from: TedEbear on January 28, 2017, 05:49:07 PM
Be sure that the cord between the smoke generator and tower is FIRMLY seated.  New cords are tight and sometimes hard to plug in all the way.

A wire inside the smoke generator may have vibrated loose during shipping.  If you feel up to it, you can remove the cover off the smoke generator and check that all wires are secure.  It will not void your warranty.

Hope it was something minor and you can get it working.   :)
Thanks for the reply. I have checked the cords multiple times and had the generator apart to look for anything obvious in there and found nothing.

TedEbear

It sounds like you've done most of the basic troubleshooting.  If you have a multimeter you could remove the smoke generator cover, plug it into an outlet and then trace the 120V power to where it stops inside it.  Be careful if you have the cover off and connected to a live outlet.

Post back on the outcome if you find the problem.  It may help someone else. 

shadtriplett

Will do. Think I am probably just gonna make the trip back to Menards in the morning. 

Riders

Hi just noticed your post. Exact same thing happened to mine just after Christmas. The white control box inside smoke generator died. I called Bradley gave them serial number and had one shipped in a week. A real joy to install but smoker works again