Toasted

Started by Oldman, July 18, 2004, 08:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Well I'm toasted. Something got to me. I'm on my business drive. My drives are removeable. Something changed my gaming drive's partition--wonderful.

One of the younger members of my extended family was on an adult site.....I'm going to kill-him~~

Been now 13 hours and nothing I do will correct this problem. The hack removed also several nls files. I fixed that, but there seems to be nothing I can do about the partition.

So I'm going to have to slave my gaming drive to my business drive. Copy over the data and stuff I want. Then wipe the gaming drive and start all over again. Joy joy and more joy! When I think of all of the updates for windows, my drivers, reinstalling all of my programs, game mods and voice server I see red.

I think if I ever met a hacker in person the second time I saw him he would not see me coming till I gone. Of course if the kid was not girlie sites this would not have happened.

At first he said I know nothing. Then I opened up history....after that he said I did see a command box open and stuff running. When we re-booted it was all over but the crying.

Oh ya last night at 4 am someone tried to steal my wife's jeep liberty...that gets towed in tomarrow....it has not been a nice weekend for sure.

I will not be back here until I fix my gaming drive. I just don't take many chances being on the net when using my business drive.

So see you all in a couple of days--I hope!
Raye

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

Best of luck Olds. Damn hacks.[:(!]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Eat This

with the title of that thread I thought you might enlighten us to a new adult beverage....[:D][:D]

Oldman

Well all is about back to normal. I tried everything I knew and everything my gaming friends knew... So yesterday @ 10 am I said @@@@@ it. I wiped the drive and started clean.

The install went ok but a big DOH on me as I just could not find the driver for the net card. Then I opened up the box and had a big laugh at myself. The net card is part of my MB so when I loaded up the MB drivers, flashed the bios the driver for the net card loaded LOL!

One of the kids I game with told me how to save and load up my E-mails...If you look on the net there is no information on how to get XP to import e-mail files. There is for all other Microsoft operating systems--but not XP. How we did it was so simple.

He said @@@@@ MS. Gave me the path I needed and I just copy/ pasted my old setup/ In box, etc. over-writing the new one.... I had no E-mails at the time in the new one so nothing was lost, and everything was gained. At that point I had another good laugh at my self. As some of the simplest things...looking right in the face and you cannot see it.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!